We've had a pretty good weekend and have done a lot. On Saturday it was raining, but we wanted to try out Celia's new Cozy Coupe because Chris had spent a lot of time assembling it on Friday night. First thing in the morning we brought it into the living room and let Celia play in it.
She could have spent all day in the Cozy Coupe. She loved getting pushed around, climbing in and out, and opening and closing the door. She also took some of her stuffed animals for rides. She loved it so much that whenever we needed to take her away from the car to change her diaper, have breakfast or get dressed, she had an all out tantrum! We ended up putting it away in the garage during her morning nap. Hopefully she'll be a little less obsessed with it when we start using it outside...
We also ate out for both lunch and dinner yesterday, which we hardly ever do. We went to do an errand and had lunch while we were out. Then with the rain we were wanting to get out of the house and do something fun at dinner time. We headed out to a Mexican restaurant where Celia proceeded to have the time of her life. It was noisy, lively music was playing, and everyone was having a good time: the perfect public environment for a toddler. Celia spent the entire time ignoring us so she could socialize with everyone else in the restaurant! She was very interested in a couple sitting behind us, and sat turned around in her seat to stare at them. Whenever new people walked by she said hello, and as soon a group stood up and started putting their coats on Celia would wave and say "bye bye".
Here she is at the table. I couldn't even get her to look at me for a picture because she was so busy watching the other people. It did give Chris and me time to eat our dinner and drink margaritas!
This morning, Chris did homework and Celia and I went to get gifts for a bridal shower I'm attending in a couple of weeks. Then we just hung out at home and Celia played. I've been doing my homework, laundry, and cleaning. Celia is having a nap right now and then I'm sending her with Chris to pick up some things for dinner. I can vacuum the house and either work out or do more homework when they're gone.
We're having red wine risotto with peas for dinner tonight. It is so, so good and I haven't made it in a long time because it is a little time consuming. It's a vegetarian recipe that can also easily be made vegan. I'm hoping to get Chris playing with Celia while I sip wine and stir away in the kitchen :).

No comments:
Post a Comment