Tuesday, April 13, 2010

a new ride


Celia and I have had a relaxing day today, which is good because I'm exhausted. I must not be sleeping well. Luckily Pita has been such a good girl. After nap this morning we went grocery shopping. First we stopped in a gift shop and Celia charmed the ladies working there. She was very talkative, saying "hi" to everyone, naming everything she saw and looking at books. She also tried on some hats and we ended up getting two. We found a good sun hat, and when we saw the Red Sox hats I knew we had to get her first one :).

Then we went over to the grocery store and I decided to try one of the carts with the cars in front. She loved it so much that every time I stopped the cart to get something, she would say "go" or "more"! Then if she really got impatient she would start rocking back and forth and moving the steering wheel. I also gave her a couple toys to have in the car with her and she liked that. Between the toys and all the people she could say hi to, we had a great shopping trip.


We sang songs on the ride home to keep Celia entertained. She is starting to sing and it's so cute! She has the rhythm and the general idea of a tune, and she starts off each line of the song with a couple of words and then it turns into jargon. We had lunch at home, and then Celia did her own thing for a while. She kept herself busy playing with her toys, reading books, and trying to figure out how to put her shoes on. She didn't want my help at all!



Now she's napping and I'm having my third cup of coffee (seriously, what is wrong with me?). Chances are we'll take a walk and play outside this afternoon. Maybe that will wake me up a little!

4 comments:

  1. aw :) so many cute pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful age, I remember it well and miss it so much at times, mainly when my 3 1/2 year old is trying to fling herself from the grocery cart because she wants M&M's and I've already said no about a dozen times. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her age!! They are so cute and so much fun :) I may have said this before, but I love her blue room. Layton's wall is that same color blue and I wish Laura Grace's was as well-I love blue in girl's rooms because it is so different from generic pink. But now I am rambling about paint!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing wrong with 3 cups of coffee...nothing! oh, she is a doll!!

    ReplyDelete