Sunday, May 4, 2014

catching up

We've had a very busy few weeks, with April vacation and all kinds of events.

We went away to the Cape for a weekend, and then Celia went to stay with Nana and Grandpa for part of her school vacation. I was able to get some things done at home. I wanted to do a lot of gardening, but the weather was cold and rainy. I'm now somewhat caught up, having planted everything that needs to be planted for now. The magnolia is in bloom, and we have some spring flowers out. 


I've been running a bit more, and would like to get in good enough shape to train for a half in the fall. We'll see... Went for my first run in shorts (probably my only run in shorts ever again, since it was back to 40 degrees again the next day). Broke out the fanny pack for some longer runs. Hopefully will do a 6 or 7 miler this weekend. 


Henry was sick with a fever, coughing and sneezing for most of last week. My work week was messed up by that, and it was not the ideal return from vacation. Now I have a cold. 


Last weekend, I went to a reunion for the Wheaton Chorale's 25th anniversary of being co-ed. My people were there. The best group of people in the world, and I got to spend a whole day with them. We rehearsed, ate, walked around campus and talked and reminisced, sang in a concert, went out to dinner and pretended we were back in Italy. Amazing day. I miss my Wheaton days. 

Today we went to an event at the zoo. It was a fundraiser for cystic fibrosis. Our whole daycare was part of a team walking there. We got to walk around the zoo, see the three new baby giraffes, and the kids loved playing on the playground and going on a couple rides. 



Henry wanted to touch all the animals. He has no concept of danger. Luckily there is an area with goats we can touch.



I've been trying to switch my grocery shopping day to a week day, and for some reason it's completely thrown me off with meal planning and planning what groceries we need. I also can't figure out what day is the best to go. Anyway, planning to go tomorrow since I know I have some time. 

Time to head outside and play.







2 comments:

  1. Was this event at the Franklin Park Zoo? We always go to the Stone zoo since its closer to us, but the FPZ is SOOO much better!
    I always have a tough time picking the best grocery day too! I feel like we eat out or on the go a lot more during the weekends, so I don't like to go on Thursday or Friday. And I really hate spending any weekend time doing things like grocery shopping, but my Monday we are totally out of fruit and usually other staples like bread and such. I usually get it done on Mondays or Tuesdays, but not without a quick stop at the end of the week too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about Henry being sick, and the cold!!! When will it end? Other than that it looks like a super fun week.

    ReplyDelete