I've written a few of these, and would like to make it a monthly thing...
House: Smells like a raspberries and peaches, and is generally picked up and clean. I vacuumed and mopped yesterday, and cleaned the bathrooms today.
Eating: Salads. Chris and I have both been working on eating big salads, more often. There is no denying that eating a big salad of raw vegetables and oil-free dressing is a great daily habit. We do fun things with our salads. Our most recent favorite was a healthy taco salad: Green salad with mushrooms, peppers, cuke, tomato, with a scoop of leftover brown rice and a scoop of lentil taco "meat". I made a dressing by mixing salsa with hummus.
![]() |
| This salad had a beet burger on top. Beet burgers are very tasty. |
Reading: I recently read the first two books in the Divergent trilogy. I really liked them, but need a break before reading the third. Then I read The Pact, by Jodi Picoult. I went to the library yesterday and found a lot of books I was interested in. These are the three I have for now.
![]() |
| The bottom one is called The Little Book. |
To-Dos: Cook some stuff for the weekend. Get the kids and myself some clothes.
Looking Forward To:
- Getting the yard cleaned up a little more. Getting the garden ready to plant.
- A month's worth of busy weekends ahead. Somehow we have at least one event going on every weekend of April, and into May. Hopefully it won't be too crazy.
- April vacation! Yahoo!







Did you make the beet burgers or buy them? I'd love the recipe!
ReplyDeleteI love when we have full, busy weekends, but at the same time, it can be daunting to look ahead at the calendar and see that there isn't any down time for a whole month ahead!
I want the beet burger recipe too. My friend recently did a post for beet chips (which are so easy) and I still have to try them, but they look delicious. I love your mantel by the way.
ReplyDeleteYea, I have missed your updates!!! Great job on your 5 mile run and wahoo for y'all finally getting some Spring weather. Good-bye snow. I hope. :)
ReplyDeleteI REALLY need to start eating better again. I always get bad in the winter and seems like all I do is eat sugar lately! Oh and working out may help too. Lol! But beet burgers? I'm not convinced!
ReplyDelete