Sunday, August 18, 2013

our weekend

We've had a fun family weekend. On Friday we went out for dinner, which typically does not go well with Henry. But we went really early and it was pretty good. The waitstaff weren't busy yet, so the kids got to say hi to a lot of people and our waiter did a magic trick. Henry and I walked around outside while we waited for our food. He walked back and forth across this gravel area, and then noticed another one further down the sidewalk, exclaimed "Other one rock!" and ran to that one. He is such a character.



On Saturday morning we went to the zoo. But not before our own little monkey got hold of the tissue box and pulled half the tissues out. I love the expression on his face when I caught him. And he's wearing Celia's shoes, which makes it even better.


Speaking of characters, this giraffe was another one. She was eating just on the other side of the wall from us, making all kinds of noises and looking at us.




Henry is at a good age for the zoo now. He can identify a lot of the animals and likes seeing them. The zoo also has a playground that's always a big hit.


Saturday afternoon Celia painted during Henry's nap. Wearing no pants, as usual.


This morning Pita woke up at 5:00 saying her belly hurt. I think she is constipated, which happens from time to time. She's been complaining about it for a couple days. I couldn't get her to go back to sleep, so we went downstairs and she lay on the couch and watched some shows. I did my workout and had breakfast, and made the grocery list. Trying to get her to drink a lot of water.


Celia and I went grocery shopping while Chris and Henry met with a painter to get a quote on the house. Then we went to a car show. The Hebert Candy Mansion (sounds way cooler than it is) has a car show each year. The kids had fun and got free balloons.


I had told Celia she would need a nap today, since she woke up so early. She didn't want to go upstairs and said she wanted to color. But first she wanted to lie on the couch for a few minutes. Sure enough, she was asleep within a minute.


It is an extremely rare thing for Celia to nap. I got a lot done and Chris got a couple hours of work done on the dining room. I don't think we've ever had two hours during the day when both kids were sleeping! Early to bed tonight, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment