1) We had a good weekend. Great day on Saturday. We tried a new place for picking peaches and apples and it was really nice. There were goats to feed, a playground for the kids, and a wagon ride to the orchard. The kids loved it. Sunday was my birthday. We didn't do anything special, but went out for lunch and I got a couple new pairs of jeans. I also went out by myself for a while in the afternoon.
2) We have so many things going on with the house right now. Crown molding is done in the dining room- just have to finish painting, whenever Chris finds time for that. But in the meantime we've been distracted by a leaking kitchen faucet, leaking hot water heater, broken down washing machine, and a growing concern about hard water ruining our appliances. We're going to look into a water treatment system asap. Oh, and we're having half the house painted and new garage doors put in this week. Crazy.
3) Of course since I don't have a working washer, Celia wet the bed last night! Everything including her quilt got wet. She never wets the bed. I think it's only happened one other time. So that was the last straw for the laundry. No way I could make it another three or four days until the new washer arrives. We went to visit Chris's parents for the day today so I could get laundry done.
4) These little people. I want to snuggle them and eat them up all day long.
5) Celia is getting excited to start school. I could tell she was feeling nervous about it at first, but we've been talking about it and she has started saying she's excited. We'll go to a couple orientation events before school starts, and that will help too. She is in the pre-kindergarten class this year (don't even get me started about having to send her to kindergarten next year- I don't wanna do it!) and gets to take swimming and tennis, dance classes, art, yoga, and some other fun stuff.
6) I wish we had discovered it earlier in the summer, but we tried a great new park that has a nice playground, big sand area, and a splash pad. I took Celia one afternoon and she loved it!
7) A couple other fun things: I'm taking this week (mostly) off from work because the kids have no daycare. So we are home until the Wednesday after Labor Day. A nice long break! Trying to decide what we'll do for fun tomorrow. But I also want to make sure we're home most of the day because my new iPad is being delivered! It is a birthday gift from my mommy. I can't wait to start getting used to it and try some new apps. It is crazy, though, how inefficiently this iPad has been shipped to me. I ordered it online, assuming it would be shipped from somewhere in the US and would be quick to get. It shipped from China! It took a few days to even leave China, then stopped in Korea, then Alaska, then Kentucky, and New Hampshire, and tomorrow it will be delivered here. Crazy. I may also be a bit crazy for obsessively tracking my packages. It's fascinating to see where things go. I think it's so interesting that something I'll touch tomorrow has been in all of those places before it got to me.
8) Speaking of places and tracking packages, I am a map nerd. I like looking at maps for fun. I often just pick a part of the country or the world and look at maps. Especially if I read a news story about another place, I like to look at it on a map and see what's around it to get more context. Nerdy nerdy fun fun.






What a nice long break! I hope you find time to relax and have fun amongst the home repairs/decorating. I need to see some more pictures :)
ReplyDelete