Monday, May 7, 2012

weekend, puzzles, bean blondies and dish washing

1. We had a pretty nice weekend. Stressful at times because Chris and I always want to get things done around the house, and with two little ones there's never enough time to do it all. Chris got some wood chopped, I got the house relatively clean, we played outside on Saturday afternoon. Celia spent the morning outside with Chris on Sunday while I took Henry grocery shopping, and on Sunday afternoon we went to visit some friends.



Next time we'll get the tripod so I can get in the pictures too! Henry's expression in the second one is pretty funny.

2. I'm having some success with post partum shrinkage. My weight hasn't changed much, but somehow I'm still getting smaller. I put away the fat clothes and am back in all my old ones! Still need to work on that annoying little belly.


3. We're going to start looking at preschools for Celia. I'm already so annoyed by the process because it's almost impossible to find preschools (not daycares pretending to be preschools) that offer full day programs. Apparently if both parents work, kids don't get to go to a real nursery school around here.

4. If I ever had any doubt that Celia and Henry look very much alike...


5. After my bird lady post on Saturday, I'll bet you've been wondering what we do for fun around here on Saturday nights. Ha! Well, one of our newest hobbies is doing puzzles. We were at the bookstore last weekend and there were a lot of puzzles there. Chris was looking at them, and then he came up to me looking very excited and exclaimed "They even have one of those amazing THINGS!" The really amazing thing was that I immediately knew what he was talking about. It was one of those things you can use to roll up a puzzle and store it away while you're working on it. My husband was excited about a puzzle rolling thingy. Yep. So of course we got one, and a puzzle to go with it. And now we think it's really fun to sit together doing puzzles at night. We also think we're octogenarians.


6. See these beautiful chocolate chip blondies here? No flour. I made them with navy beans. They are fantastically delicious. Go here and make the recipe.


7. I've rekindled my love for the library by returning to the library in our old town. When we moved, I found that the library in our new town was horrible. I missed our old one so much, and just found out that we can still use our card there because the libraries are part of a network.


8. My curly girl with her beautiful blue-green eyes.


9. If you want a new way to keep your little one busy and haven't already tried it, may I suggest washing dishes? It's guaranteed to keep Celia busy for at least 40 minutes.



If you're really lucky, maybe your child will also take off her pants and wash dishes with one leg on the counter.


10. I got out the high chair this morning and cleaned it up so Henry can start sitting at the table with us. Where on earth does the time go? A month from now he'll even be eating in it!

5 comments:

  1. Your kiddos are too cute. Celia with those curls and green eyes! And you look fantastic. The belly fat is hard to lose, but I have no doubt you will lose it! I was laughing so hard at the picture of Celia with her pants off and her leg up on the counter. How do you capture these moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that last picture is TOO cute! All of these pictures are great, though. Henry is getting SO big. YES, time goes by so fast. It's so cliche, but man, it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of that puzzle thing! And dessert with navy beans!? May have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look wonderful!!! I'm right there with you on #2 - I've gone down 4 sizes and yet still battling the belly, argh! Keep at it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look FAB!
    I want to try the blondies but I am scared!! Maybe I will do it, though, because I do want to cut out the junk.
    I love puzzles, too!
    Those kids are sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete