Thursday, March 24, 2011

dr. dreamboat strikes again

Well, well! Surprise! I paid a little visit to Dr. Dreamboat this morning! It's time for a new pair of orthotics (geez those things are expensive), so I went to have them made. The Dreamboat and I had a lovely little rendezvous as always.

The morning started a bit roughly. I was really tired and it was snowing a little, so I just wanted to stay home on the couch. But, the call of The Dreamboat is just too strong. I left early and made my way through the treacherous Boston area rush hour with plenty of time to spare. Dr. Dreamboat is a very friendly and personable guy (until he gets his knife out, but we'll get to that later on), so we chatted a bit and talked about my job, road races, the latest gossip in the podiatry and foot surgery community (no joke! Hilarious!), and then got down to business. If you have never had orthotics made, let me tell you: It's incredible. It's like a foot massage combined with a warm paraffin treatment. It basically involves casting your feet so the orthotics can be made to mold to you. You get to lie down, relax, have a little chit chat, and get a fantastically relaxing foot treatment all in Dr. Dreamboat's (if you're lucky) dreamy hands. Ahhhhhhhh.....

If I keep up with these Dr. Dreamboat posts, I'll be surprised if my husband lets me go to future appointments without a chaperone. I promise, it's all on the up and up....

After that was done, Dr. Dreamboat said (and I kid you not) "I'll get a weapon." Haha! He had noticed that my big ol' calluses were back on the outsides of both feet, and he wanted to shave them off. He really does get a kick out of the whole
callus shaving thing. It turns out that because I have very high arches, my weight gets distributed completely between my heels and the bony sides of my forefeet and I develop these thick calluses. It's fascinating, I know. Ooh, I feel a little ill after all this callus talk. Sorry... Anyway, Dr. Dreamboat satisfied his masochistic urge to apply razors to my feet and we were done!

The best part is that I get to go back in about a month when the new orthotics come in! Time to go put a good toe and leg shaving on my calendar...

3 comments:

  1. LOL Sarah you crack me up! Dr. Dreamboat, foot massage, callus removal sounds like a great day girlie LOL...especially since Dr. Dreamboat did it! Is he like a McSteamy? How great LOL...Hope your hubs don't read this comment he may not let us be bloggy friends anymore hahhahaha just kidding!

    I get callus to from where my leg muscles don't work and I walk shifted and when I was getting my pedicure last week the lady had to pretty much shave it off LOL I was so embarrassed then she said your feet are so dry, you should use baby oil what's good for the babys butt is good for ours LOL it was soooo funny kinda made me feel better bout the whole callus shaving ordeal hahahahaha

    Keep me posted on Mr. Dreamboat appointments

    love ya girl
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was hilarious! I have weird calluses too and every time I go get a pedicure the gal's always gripe about it. Of course they never gripe to my face...well, because they're looking at my feet...and I can't understand what they're saying, save for the word callus. I have a pair of orthotics, and they are amazing. Though I really need to go be refitted for some again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to need a picture of him. STAT.
    I have high arches too, which bites!

    ReplyDelete