I know, it's pathetic. But I did. I noticed a few hairs on my big toe (since when do I have hairs on my big toe?! Is this the kind of thing that happens as you enter middle age?) and, knowing that Dr. Dreamboat would be examining that foot, I did what any reasonable person would do and shaved them off. I shaved my toe for a man I see once or twice a year for ten minutes. Oh Dr. Dreamboat, such a tangled web you weave!
Ahem.
So, I had my appointment with the Dreamboat today and the news was good! I do not have a stress fracture. He tweaked my orthotic a little and shaved off part of a callus that may have caused too much pressure on the part of my foot that was bothering me. I think he enjoyed making me nervous about that part, since as he took hold of my foot he said something like "Don't move. Don't even twitch or we could have a very bad situation". Okay... As it turned out, I had no trouble keeping nice and still, and warm and fuzzy and relaxed in Dr. Dreamboat's dreamy hands... Ahem. So, basically I'm good to go for Saturday! Hopefully the cause of my foot pain is no longer there, and it will have subsided enough that I can get through the marathon relatively pain free. I do need to go back and have new orthotics made sometime in the next year. Marathon training has really given them some wear and tear.
The marathon is officially a go! Not that I was too worried, but it's good to know I can run without worrying that I'm doing some sort of damage to my foot. Today was cold and rainy, so I put in 40 minutes on the elliptical. I'll get in a short run with a few strides on Thursday, and see what I feel like doing for tomorrow and Friday. It's also time to assemble everything I need and start packing!
You are so funny! Glad your foot is okay!
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up girl! This post was ha-larious! So Dr. Dreamboat is like if I went to the hospital and ran in to McDreamy or McSteamy either one would do LOL....I would so shave my toe too hahahhaha
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are ok and able to run your marthon you have trained so hard for it and I know you are going to do an amazing job
xoxo
Summer
It's so good to hear you can run your marathon.
ReplyDeleteI remember having this really cute dentist when I was a teenager...oh he was so handsome!
You are so funny about the toes, I don't think it's that uncommon for a few toe hairs. hee hee
Girl, you need to get a picture of this man. Or I need to get an appointment and head down there to see him!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Sara... we need pictures! Best of luck to you this weekend!!
ReplyDelete