Quite some time ago,
Dr. Dreamboat said I needed new running shoes with more of a curved last. The shoes I had weren't ideal for my feet. (By the way, you really should read all the Dr. Dreamboat posts. It's one of the great love stories of all time.) Well, I'm happy to say that it's time for me to visit the Dreamboat again. Yippee! I'm due for new orthotics and it would be good to get them in time for warm weather running. The only problem with planning my next Dreamboat date is that I never got the shoes he recommended. I wanted to, but I was halfway through marathon training and very attached to my Nike Vomero 4s. Dr. Dreamboat had already scolded me a couple of times, so I knew I had to get new shoes before I made an orthotics appointment. Today I had my chance. I made the long drive to the running store where Dreamboat's patients get a discount, and came home with a pair of Gel Nimbus shoes. Henceforth, they will be called The Nimbi. They're just about as cushy as my old Vomeros, and hopefully curved enough for Dr. Dreamboat's liking.
BEHOLD! The Nimbi.
I'll bet you've been wondering what kinds of compulsive displayed-by-the-register purchases runners make. They're ones like this:
 |
| Could use another visit to the car wash. |
On the way home I stopped for several other errands. Whole Foods was on the way home: a great excuse to stop for organic kale (the only place I can find it). I got home, ripped up that kale and stuck it in the oven for kale chips.
I had a big bowl while calling to make an orthotics appointment with Dr. Dreamboat. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go inspect
my toes in preparation.
Love Kale chips!!! And it is one of the things you should buy organic. I've never seen organice around here, though. What do you need orthotics for? I always wanted to start running and have still never done it. I don't know why I'm attracted to the thought of running. I just can't seem to get into it.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us on wandering Wednesdays!!
ReplyDeleteTori
http://thriftytori.blogspot.com/