This post is a little late coming, but I wanted to show the vegan feast I came up with for our Second Christmas with my family last week. This was my first big vegan meal made for guests!
We had some bread and herb-infused olive oil to start.
Sweet potato lentil salad:
The best vegetarian stuffing I've ever had:
Brussels sprouts:
Oops! How'd that get in there? SOME body wanted to have meat...
Moving on, there were also mashed potatoes with caramelized onions.
For dessert there was a coconut custard pie, chocolate pie with peanut butter caramel, and a carrot cake. The chocolate pie was the only mistake on the menu. It came out way too dense, so I'll have to work on making it again.
Otherwise, the dinner was great and even the meat eaters (which was everyone but me :D) were impressed. I've been trying lots of new recipes lately and am starting to find ones that will become staple dinner recipes for us.






Now I love meat but that looks like a great and filling meal. You had me at the bread and infused olive oil.
ReplyDeleteYou had me at bread and infused olive oil as well LOL....I love meat but girl that spread looked really yummy and tempting my deary! Well so the Choco pie that you told me you had made didn't turn out? How did the Coconut one taste? I know you were worried about that one....I am soooo glad that you have your new cookbook to make new yummy recipes....
ReplyDeletexoxo
Sums
It must be getting easier to be vegan because when my daughter was vegan, I had a terrible time finding things that were tasty to make for her!
ReplyDelete