Pita and I had nothing special to do today. I was a little tired after a sleepless night, so we just had a relaxed morning. Celia got to stay in her pajamas for a while, which she loves. She ate some cereal and an entire banana for breakfast! That's a lot for her. Celia had a bath and got dressed, and we went out to get her some new shoes. She grew out of size 5 1/2 awfully fast! She seems like such a big girl now. It's not just shoe sizes that have reminded me lately that Celia is growing up fast. The past few days, Chris and I have looked at her and realized that she suddenly looks like a little girl to us. She has gotten so much taller and her baby chub has mostly disappeared. She just looks so big.
Today she even sat at her little table to have a snack by herself. Of course she was coming over to me every thirty seconds and saying "Hi Mommy!" across the room the whole time.
The only thing that's not so "big girl" about Celia is that she does not want to give up her binky. This morning I was telling her that someday we would say goodbye to the binkies, because they're for babies and Celia is a big girl now. Celia thought about that for a minute, looking very worried, and finally said "Me need binky!" Later in the morning she must still have been thinking about it because she told me "Only Celia need binky. Not babies." Ha! She is too smart and strong willed sometimes.
After we got shoes this morning, Celia wanted to "play trains" at the bookstore. She now knows when we're near the "train store". A story time had just ended there and the kids' area was a little crazy. The train table was moved to a different spot, it was noisy, and there were kids crying and having tantrums all over the place. Celia didn't want to play there after seeing all that! She's very sensitive about conflict and about other kids crying. We just walked around the store and she said hello to some stuffed animals, and then we went home. In the car she said to me: "I love Mommy. I love Daddy too." I thought it was the sweetest thing until lunch time when she also said that she loved ham and mustard. Hopefully Daddy and I are at least a little higher on the totem pole than the lunch meat.
Celia's nap time is around 12:30. Instead of going right to sleep today, she spent twenty minutes singing, talking away, and being silly in the crib before I finally took her back downstairs and decided to try the nap later. 1:45 rolled around, and Pita was starting to get cranky. I put her down for a nap again, and she cried and screamed. You would have thought she was being tortured in there. I went in a couple times, told her it was time for a nap, and had her lie down. It only took about ten minutes for her to calm down and go to sleep, but it felt like forever. I'm so relieved that she's getting at least part of her nap because the afternoon wasn't going to go well without one! We may try to shorten her nap a little and make it later in the afternoon. I don't think she needs as much sleep as she's been getting, and maybe she would sleep better through the night if she weren't napping as much.
This afternoon we're making a short trip to the grocery store, and we're getting a little snow tonight. I'm hoping Celia will want to play in it this weekend.



I'm sure I'm going to have drama with Luke when it comes time to take his away, too. Your girl is so smart - and cute! :)
ReplyDeleteEmily loves her binky so much she STILL uses it (at night only) and she's 4 years old! Like my mom always says; "They won't go to college in diapers!" and I believe the same thing about pacifiers so, we don't stress. :) It also helps that she's had no ill effects per her Dentist.
ReplyDeleteSo sweet! Glad to hear she loves Mommy and Daddy AND ham and mustard. THAT is adorable. I weaned my son off of his paci at 18 months, only because he would lose it in the middle of the night and scream bloody murder. When I'd walk in his room and turn on the lamp he'd see it two inches from him and say "There it is!" - that got old night after night, so I put a stop to it. Ha! It took about a week. Nap times were the hardest. I am amazed at how quickly kids grow out of shoes. Oh my word. You snap your fingers and it's time for new ones!!!!
ReplyDeleteUh oh, I hope she's not kicking her naps!
ReplyDeleteCelia is becoming such a "big girl"! I love her kitty hat so precious! I bet you are so proud of her! I love the pic of her eating a snack at her table like a little grown up!
ReplyDeleteKelcee had a "poppy" which is a paci but for some reason she called it poppy and it stuck so she names things like her mommy LOL...anywho when she was a little over two I wanted to wean her from it but I wasn't really trying to hard then we went to the dentist and she said her teeth were shifting so I knew I had to get on the ball with it sooooo I was watching Nanny 911 LOL and a light bulb moment....I along with the Nanny LOL came up with the idea to have Kelcee find all her "poppy's" and put them in a big envelope and address it to the poppy "paci" fairy! I told Kelcee the "paci" fairy brings all the paci's to babies who don't have any and that she is a big girl now! She was so cool with it....she got excited taking it to our mailbox and mailing it....I then took her to Build a Bear and let her build a Lovey (Bunny) we named Ruby to sleep with....she did ask for it once that night and then realized we mailed them and was ok with it! I was shocked how well she adapted to it...I do believe it to be because we let her do it....she felt in charge of it.....all kiddos are different so I'm not sure if it will help but I thought I would let ya know our experience....by all means am I not giving advice LOL I'm a new mommy too....hahahaha
xoxo
Sums