1) I went bridesmaid dress shopping with a few girls this weekend. It was a lot of fun to try on dresses and have some time with girlfriends.
2) We were staying with my parents, so Chris and I also got to go out with friends on Saturday night. I always miss Celia when I'm away from her, though. And on top of that, she didn't want us to leave. When I told her we were going out for a while she said, "Celia with you". Melt my heart. I had already been away from her for the afternoon, and couldn't leave her again when all she wanted was me. We waited until she went to bed and then left.
3) There's a swap shop at the dump in my parents' town for people to take and leave used things that are in good condition. When we tell people some of Celia's favorite toys came from the dump, I'm pretty sure they're picturing us picking through dumpsters... Anyway, someone left a little slide and we took it home. Celia spent a lot of time sliding and putting all her stuffed animals down the slide yesterday.
4) After a weekend break from the kitchen, I was actually motivated to cook and meal plan when we got home yesterday. I've been lazy about it lately. I planned out the week and make our grocery list for Tuesday. I even made a big batch of pasta salad for the week's lunches. As a bonus, Celia liked the pasta too.
5) Outfit of the week: This one, because Celia first wore the dress last winter on her birthday and it still fits!
6) I'm really looking forward to getting into this week's Us Weekly. It came while we were away. Why do I love this magazine so much? Such a waste of brain cells, yet so entertaining.
7) Actually, you know why I love it so much? Celebrity gossip is so far from the things I really care about that it's like taking a vacation. I really don't have that much interest in celebrities. I just like reading about their ridiculous lives for a half hour a week. It's a nice break from the more important things I'm usually thinking about.
8) How many times have I mentioned that magazine in my Monday posts? They should pay me for advertising... That's it. I promise never to mention it again.
9) Thanksgiving will be here before we know it! I'm tempted to take out some Christmas decorations next weekend because we'll be away for some of Thanksgiving weekend. But, I'll try to hold off. Next weekend seems too early.
10) Just a great picture that Chris took of Celia on Saturday. He's a much better photographer than I am.

I like reading celebrity gossip too, plus I enjoy shows like ET online. I can't believe people throw away that expensive stuff like slides!
ReplyDeleteHa! I am with you - it's such junk reading but also a guilty pleasure of mine! I'm a loyal People reader even though it's ridiculously expensive in my opinion! At least there are real life stories sprinkled in with all of the crap :) That last picture is precious!
ReplyDeleteThat pasta salad looks so good!!!! I love junk reading too :)
ReplyDeleteI love the idea making pasta salad ahead and having it for lunches for a week!
ReplyDeleteOh and your weekjend sounds wonderful...I'm just the smallest bit jealous!
Wow, that slide is the deal of the Century for sure!!!
ReplyDelete