Friday, November 12, 2010

a thank you to my fans

Dear truckers,

I'd like to take a moment to thank you for your unwavering and quite overwhelming support of my running. Those honks, catcalls and thumbs up really make me feel like an athlete. It's so, so nice to know that you appreciate my running form and speedy pace. I sure can count on you to cheer me on wherever I'm running. You may have heard somewhere (though who knows where, it's just silly) that women don't appreciate this sort of attention. Rest assured that this is not the case. We absolutely love it. There's nothing better than having the jolting, heart stopping blast of a tractor trailor horn bring to your attention that a complete stranger has been ogling your ass.

You probably honk at a lot of women in your travels, so let me leave you with something to jog your memory as to just who I am. Remember that time you honked or catcalled at a runner, then looked back through your side mirror (you always have to get one last look, don'tcha?) and saw that runner holding high a special one-fingered greeting? A friendly, neighborly greeting of appreciation?

That was me.

4 comments:

  1. LOL you always make me smile and laugh right out loud and girl around here that special one-finger greeting is called the WV Salute hahahaha we have lots of Truckers pass by in this town and lots of salutes going on from us girlies....nothing makes ya want to jump out of your shoes more than that crazy sound of a truck horn when your not expecting it!

    loves ya thanks for the laugh

    xoxo
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    It's seriously SO disturbing but thanks for the laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shoot, I thought they really DID like my running form...;)

    Way to let 'em have it!

    ReplyDelete