| We decided at the last minute to decorate the front door a little. You can hardly see them here, but there are little black mice all over the window and on the doorstep. A little boy who came by trick or treating thought they were the best thing ever! |
3) It's a good thing I have the ability to edit photographs, because I rarely take one that's level. It's kind of ridiculous. You'd think I could learn, seeing as when we hang pictures we don't even need a level because I'm so good at eyeballing it.
4) Our little hallway makeover is starting to come together. It already looks so much better! A sneak peek:
5) Celia has figured out how to scratch her own back. The other day she was rubbing her back up and down against a door frame. I don't know if she figured it out on her own, or if she's seen someone else do this. I asked what she was doing and she said "Rub it, back".
6) She also makes realistic sound effects when her Little People use the potty. It's hilarious I think we've now firmly established that my little girl is no lady :D
7. Yesterday I had time for a nice run. I did 7 miles and it felt GREAT! Anything under an hour feels like it isn't enough, so getting a full hour and some decent mileage in felt so good. I have so much more energy on days I run. Wish I had the time to continue with higher mileage!
8. I'm in the middle of the best book: The Passage, by Justin Cronin. If you go by the book's description, it's not the kind of thing I would typically like. It sounds too cold and sci-fi, and I'm not into science fiction at all. I was so pleasantly surprised by this book that I have a hard time putting it down. It's one of those where you always want to read just a few more pages to see what happens next. I just saw that it's the first in a new trilogy, so when it's over I get to read two more!
9. We are nosy neighbors. Or maybe we're just normal. When you live in close proximity to a lot of other people, you kind of can't help being curious and keeping tabs on people. We are always talking and speculating about something going on with someone! What can I say? It's something interesting to do...
10. Do you like cheesy horror movies? Chris is obsessed with the movie Halloween. He wants to watch it every year. I can't stand it. And I can't stand the theme music. Even when horror movies have terrible acting and special effects I still get scared. Last night I insisted he watch it on his own time, and we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" instead. Much better :D
Have to add a bonus for the outfit of the week, perfect for wearing during meal preparation. You may have noticed these outfits usually don't include pants. Someone has a tendency to run away and hide in the closet when it's time to put pants on.

What precious Halloween pictures!! She is so cute and I just love her costume :) I am with you - handmade costumes need to make a return. We were just talking about that with our families the other night. We ALWAYS had handmade costumes and they were always so creative! I'm up for the challenge next year :) It'll take some convincing on my son's part...I have to admit that he gets a HUGE kick out of his commercial costumes and they get A LOT of use throughout the year!
ReplyDeleteCelia is too cute in that video!
Happy November...hard to believe it's here already!!
This post is great Sarah! I laughed nearly all the way through it! Um that video is the best ever! hahahahhaha
ReplyDeleteI love her halloween costume it is just presh!! Yay for decorating your door it looks really cute :0)
That is awesome you ran 7 miles
Love the outfit of the week, Kelcee doesn't like wearing pants either LOL
xoxo
Summer
Hey, I run away at pants time too. Nosy neighbor? When we lived in a neighborhood I totally was. Now? there are too few neighbors for me to even notice!
ReplyDeleteLook how cute Celia is! It's so much fun when they are little.
ReplyDeleteI love horror movies and everything scary. Black and white monster movies are my fav's.
It's so funny when you talk about being nosy cuz one year our good friends gave me a pair of binoculars for Christmas because of our neighbors. Pretty funny actually. When you live in a condo complex(we used to) it's just that you notice more stuff going on with the neighbors.
You have such a cute little one! I am a new follower from misc. mondays :)
ReplyDeleteThe little people on the potty is hilarious!!!! Your sneak peeks are killing me!
ReplyDeleteHey! Thanks for the sweet comment! Celia Rose is precious as well as your blog. It is so nice to hear from fellow bloggers out there. I am a kindergarten teacher and I do love the little ones! My sister is also an SLP at the elementary level so I know all about your world also! :)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the hallway makeover! = )
ReplyDeleteWhere to start~ love the makeover and the Halloween costume. Trick or treating is the best!
ReplyDeleteOh and I must check out that book. I love a good read.