Celia went trick-or-treating for the first time today! It was really fun. She also liked seeing Mommy and Daddy in costumes. We weren't planning to dress up, but at the last minute Chris dressed up as a Boston Celtic. Then I painted Chris and Celia's faces and she wanted me to have a pink nose like she did, so I made myself into a black cat.
Celia has never had candy at home (I think she's had M&Ms a couple times at daycare), so we didn't even use the word "candy" when we talked about trick-or-treating. I told Celia that when we rang people's doorbells and said "trick or treat", they would put a treat in her bag. She decided to pre-fill her bag with a few treats of her own. Her idea of treats? Raisins :). That's my girl.
She wasn't completely deprived. I gave her some Reece's Pieces for dessert after dinner. She loved them of course, and when they were gone she wanted more. I offered her more raisins instead, but they were no longer good enough...
Celia was a little shy whenever someone opened the door for us to trick-or-treat. After a couple of houses she really got into it though. She would walk down the street with her little bag, telling us where she wanted to go next! She was the cutest little thing.
We went out early while it was still light, so after dinner Celia got to help pass out candy to the other trick-or-treaters. She kept asking to see more costumes. I was cleaning up the kitchen and heard her keep saying "More people? More people, Daddy!"
| Waiting for more trick-or-treaters with Daddy (and Maisy). |



I love how clueless they are the first time out! :) What a cutie!
ReplyDelete