Monday, October 25, 2010

misc. mostly about christmas and artificial plants.

1) One of the best things about Celia's music class is the other parents there. They're all nice, around my age, and are genuine people. They don't show up with their hair blown out and makeup on. They come in dirty ponytails, jeans or yoga pants, sometimes looking a bit tired. They don't mind looking stupid dancing around to kids' music to make their kids happy. Love seeing other moms who are just like me :).

2) I went to Michael's yesterday, which is one of my all-time favorite places. I was a bit surprised to find Christmas decorations already out. Usually anything Christmas-related before Thanksgiving (and especially before Halloween- jeez!) is too early. This year, though, I'm ready any time. So I looked at everything, spent a bit too long trying to sniff out the source of the incredible cinnamon smell in one aisle, and left feeling quite jolly.

3) Speaking of Michael's, I have a new fake plant. Got it yesterday. We need some green in our hallway, and it's too dark a space for a real plant, I think.

4) Aha! That was a clue about one of my little home improvement projects. Info coming soon!

5) Did you think a fake plant would be enough to make me forget about Christmas?! Let's talk about it some more. Has anyone started Christmas shopping? I'm thinking about getting it done now. We don't have many people to get gifts for, and it will mostly be about Celia. Chris and I probably won't give each other anything- maybe stockings. Anyway, it would be nice to have everything done by December 1st!

6) Speaking of that, it's not so much Christmas itself that I love. It's the time leading up to it. It's the music, the decorations, frosts and first snows, the cookies, the family traditions, the smells.

8) Halloween candy is a problem. I would have to say, it's not part of that healthy lifestyle I've been trying to model for Celia :D. I'll be relieved when the week is over and we won't have any left! Every year we go through the same routine in which we happen upon a candy display a couple of weeks before Halloween, and I say "Well I guess we should get Halloween candy now, since the good stuff is usually gone right before Halloween". Which is true, by the way. Have you ever tried getting decent candy on Halloween itself? Anyway, I'm doing fairly well at limiting myself to a couple pieces a day but it's tough. Sugar really is addictive. I feel so much better when I'm not eating a lot of it.

9) Speaking of that, now that the marathon's over and I'm running less, I'm a bit worried about putting on weight. I never completely got rid of that mommy tummy, even while marathon training. That doesn't seem to bode well.

10) Which reminds me, I've had my bib and finisher's medal sitting around for a while now. What to do with them?


Have a fabulous week, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. pony tails & yoga pants is the best way to be!!!
    Love your plant-
    Have a great Monday:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey pretty girl,
    I totally agree pony tails and yoga pants and dancin around with your kids is totally the best :) I love when I see mommy's like me I think that is why you and I get along so well!

    How awesome Celia is already taking up a love for healthy lifestyle and following in her mommy's footsteps, I love that she hugged and kissed you and then half way through got her baby doll so cute!!

    That plant looks real, I had to laugh about sniffin out the cinnamon smell cause that is totally what I do hahahha

    I know Christmas decor before Halloween is ALOT early eeeeeeeeek ok so I totally have all Kelcee's Christmas shopping done, I needed to get things off my mind so thank you online shopping and thank you walmart for site to store on some things so the hubs won't freak to much on shipping LOL

    Oh and Ive missed talking to ya girlie
    xoxo
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! It sounds like I would fit in at your daughter's music class! I have yet to find anywhere like that around me. We happen to live in an uppity area where there is very much a 'keep up with Jones' mentality that spills over into appearance. It sure doesn't stop me from being me, though!

    I love, love, love Michaels! Last night, I told my hubby that the only thing I wanted to do on my birthday this week was to have him take me to Michaels (I'm in a wheelchair recovering from being hit by a car while training for a marathon so I need to be driven places...oh the horror!). Speaking of marathon, I think you should frame your bib/medal - they are to be celebrated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think you should get a memory box and put all things marathon in it, and display it proudly!

    we started x-mas shopping early this year, and i am about 1/2 done. i really need to work on hadley's b-day since that comes first, but x-mas seems so overwhelming with a newborn.

    i wear jeans, a long sleeve shirt and occasionally a sweater to everything these days... there is only 1 mom in hadley's dance class that gets all dolled up, but i think that is how she rolls... her daughter is dressed perfectly too. they are very nice, just spend way too much time on hair, makeup and matching outfits (nope not kidding).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't even started. But I should on my Christmas shopping. That is great that you are almost done. Once I was done by October for everyone. But then again I only had 1 child. LOL Thanks for sharing your randomness.

    ~blessings
    Dorcas
    http://4sweetangels.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, haven't started Christmas shopping yet!
    I have all my medals sitting in a drawer, I need a display thing for them. and hey? Me? never lost a lb when I train!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Frame the bib and medal to remember the moment. I think it's an accomplishment by folks who run marathons. It is really tough for many so, I think you should frame it with your picture on it of that day. I'm visiting from Carissa's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're the only other person I've ever read that thinks the same thing about Christmas as I do - that the weeks prior are actually more fun. :) I actually always get a teensy bit depressed on Christmas night, because I'm like, "Well, it's all over til next year!" lol

    Found you via MM - have a great week!

    ReplyDelete