Tuesday, October 26, 2010
play dough and peek-a-boo
This morning Celia and I made play dough. I think I was a lot more excited about it than she was. She didn't even know what play dough was, but she likes to help me cook. I let Celia decide what color to make the play dough, and she asked for purple.
I explained to her that we weren't going to eat it, just play with it. That was a hard concept since we always eat what we cook. When we first started playing with the play dough, poor Pita was really confused. She kept trying to eat it, but it didn't taste good and I kept telling her we don't eat play dough. She understood what I was telling her, but she just couldn't stop herself from trying it over and over again. Maybe she was thinking it would get better tasting. Finally I gave her a binky, thinking if something else was in her mouth she wouldn't keep trying to eat it. That worked, and soon we were really in business.
Add in a visit from Nana and Grandpa with plenty of hide-and-seek...
... and Pita's having a pretty good day.
We're having a very warm week here, with temperatures in the unseasonable seventies. Nice, but a bit strange. I've been enjoying the cool weather. Now I'm off to get grocery shopping done while my parents are here and Celia's still napping!
Labels:
our daily life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I kept rereading wondering who Pita was, now I sort of figure it's Celia's nickname. That's very cute. Although, it makes me crave Greek food...
ReplyDeleteAs for the playdough, maybe a little sugar would have made it more palatable.
She looks like a very happy baby!