This morning I heard Celia making noises around 6:20, so I got up and went downstairs to get my coffee and bagel ready before getting her. She ended up going back to sleep and didn't get up until 7:00. What a great way to start the last day of vacation! I'm going to miss these nice slow mornings. Pita played and I sneaked breakfast into her belly by leaving bowls of blueberries and cut-up pumpkin muffin nearby. She is so busy these days that sitting in the highchair just leads to a refusal to eat. If I casually offer her food as she's doing other things, she ends up eating pretty well.
| Saying goodbye to Daddy |
| Sorry about the annoyingly small font here, guys. I've spent way too much time fighting with Blogger to get it right, and Blogger won. We went to the playground, played in the sandbox, and took a walk. My goal was to spend as much time as possible outside and enjoying this beautiful weather. We also tried something new. Ya know those green juices/smoothies that are supposed to be so healthy and fabulous for you? But are green? A color that no beverage should ever have to be? I've always stayed far away from them because I just couldn't handle drinking something that's a dark green seaweedy color. Well, after seeing them all over the good old internets and reading about how good they are, I decided to try making one. A green monster, as they're called. Which, being a Red Sox fan, just isn't a good name to me. I thought this would be a great way to get more leafy greens into my diet (they're made with spinach or kale), and even better if Celia liked them too because she refuses all green vegetables. I used the top recipe here. Spinach, almond milk, a banana, a peach (it needed to be eaten), and some ice went in the food processor. Could this possibly be more nutritious? My assistant supervised the blending process. When it was ready, it actually looked pretty. Not a scary green, but a light and fresh color. And- it was delicious! And very refreshing! And could not have been a more healthy snack. This is going to be a great way to get more vegetables, and dark leafy greens are so important. Celia really liked it too. In other news, while Celia has decided that she's not ready to use the potty, apparently some of her friends are. This morning she brought a few stuffed animals into the bathroom to use the potty. She told me they were pooping. Then she would get some toilet paper and wipe them! At one point I asked if her dog was finished and she said "No, more poop". After lunch today I discovered kitty using the facilities: And, that's all for today! Celia's napping now, and I've made a final batch of spaghetti sauce to freeze. This afternoon may involve a trip to the park, and I'm looking forward to having a relaxing Friday evening. |
Okay, I was with you until the green drink...however, sinceyou started with the same opinion as me, i MaY just try it!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful green color! I can feel the energy just looking at it!
ReplyDelete