Friday, July 2, 2010

oh happy friday

I'm glad that we have a long weekend coming up and that Chris has just finished a paper for school, because I am exhausted and need a little down time tonight and over the weekend! It's actually going to be a busy few days, but hopefully not too crazy since I will have Chris at home to help out with the Pita.

This morning Celia and I left home bright and early for a play date. We ended up going to a little beach near my friend's house. Celia loved the water so much! I couldn't get any pictures because I was keeping her from diving head first into the water the whole time. Because we weren't really planning on the beach I hadn't brought a towel or bathing suits for us, so I let Celia play in just a pair of bloomers and luckily had an extra change of dry clothes. She had such a great time that I definitely need to look into some of the town beaches closer to home for this summer. We're planning to do another beach play date soon!

Celia was exhausted by the time we headed home for lunch. She slept for 30 minutes in the car, which I had wanted to avoid because that always throws her schedule off. Sure enough, she wouldn't eat anything for lunch and then wouldn't nap at her usual time. I finally got her up, let her run wild around the house and on the deck, and got her to eat something. Finally about two hours after her usual nap time, she was ready to go to sleep. I can't tell you how much I needed her to take a nap! Forget about her needs- Ha! This has been a fun day but Mommy needs to sit for a few minutes, have a cup of coffee, and take a break. Hmm. Do I really want another beach play date next week??

Today has been a fantastic mail day. I have five new magazines to read, got a new pair of flip flops in the mail, and the new slow cooker I ordered is being delivered later. Yippee! Oh, it really is the small things in life. Can't wait to enjoy them this weekend. And with that, it's time to sign off because Celia is awake and making noise only 15 minutes after going for her nap. Time to buck up and find an afternoon's worth of entertainment for us.

No pictures today, but I'm sure there will be plenty this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. There is nothing like the beach to wear a little one out! Oh and I am jealous of your mailbox! that sounded weird. lol...but it seems all I get lately are bills!

    ReplyDelete