June sure wrapped up with a beauty of a day today. The heat and humidity backed off and we were left with a gorgeous, warm and sunny day. It ended up being a great day, despite less than desirable sleeping conditions last night.
Last night was a rough one. For some reason Celia kept waking up crying, over and over. Chris and I both tried holding her and rocking her, but she would not go back to sleep in the crib. I finally resorted to leaving her to cry and fall asleep on her own, and checked on her using Ferber's techniques (which we had to use when she was younger). Ug, so stressful! I hate hearing her cry because my heart races the entire time. I just can't relax. But, once I did that she ended up falling asleep after about 10 minutes. She woke up a couple of times afterward, but only cried for a few seconds and went back to sleep. So, we were all a little tired this morning. Celia kept yawning and saying "tired". Can't say I had much sympathy since she'd kept me up all night with her! She's in bed now, and I'm just hoping tonight will be better.
In other news, Pita has now gotten very good with her spoon and spork. She ate both breakfast and lunch from bowls all by herself today.
Things went really, really well until the end of lunch when she discovered that she could put the bowl on her head...
My parents were visiting and we wanted to go to the zoo this afternoon, but by the time Pita woke up from her nap we really didn't have enough time. We went to the playground instead, and it was really fun.
Celia even made friends with a 4-year-old boy who was so sweet to her! He was very interested in playing with her.
While my parents were here I got in a 6 mile run, did laundry and some other cleaning, and finished my yard work. Tomorrow is the only day of the next several for which Celia and I don't have plans. It will be nice not to have anything to get to, and to just pick something fun.
I hope she is sleeping well again. It is nice not to have a schedule once in a while, enjoy it!
ReplyDelete