Tuesday, July 6, 2010

h-o-t hot!

We are having a heat wave and it's so hot and humid today that being outside is really unbearable. I'm hoping it will cool off so we can be outside again soon, but it looks like the whole week will be this way. It's going to be hard to keep Celia entertained indoors.

Yesterday we spent the morning at home. Chris and I both had runs (it was hot, but not too bad), and we had lunch and Pita's nap. I made macaroni and cheese for Celia, and she asked for a spoon and sat on the floor pretending to stir her own cheese sauce while I cooked. She also made a royal mess putting her puffs all over the floor,


And then decided to survey the scene from a new angle.


In the afternoon we went to a barbeque. It was still so hot out that we kept the kids and babies indoors for most of the time. This morning Celia went to daycare for a few hours. I got my run in (abbreviated because of the heat) and then Chris and I went out for brunch, browsed in a bookstore, and stopped for me to get a second pair of running shoes before picking up Celia. Now we have to figure out what to do this afternoon because it is way too hot to be outside. Maybe we'll take her to a store to walk around, just to entertain her where it's cool.

I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner, but I decided to try making smoothies for Celia and she loves them! Yesterday I blended plain yogurt with banana and blueberries, and she thought it was just the best thing ever. Besides pie. She's only had pie a couple of times ever, yet she still asks for it daily.


Despite the fact that the smoothie was not pie, it was a big hit.

Pita has been really into her baby lately, and wants her baby to do everything she does. If she needs a diaper, the baby needs a diaper. If she's ready to eat, her baby sits in the high chair. Baby even rides in the car with us. I've been putting cream on Celia's eczema, and yesterday she insisted on putting "medicine" on the baby.


I'll be working on a new Pedestrian Case History, hopefully for tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea with the smoothies! What a nice treat for her on the hot days. Now, what type of running shoes did you get?

    ReplyDelete