Celia and I had a nice day today. We stayed home most of the day, and she asked for a morning nap so we ended up with two naps. We kept pretty busy around the house, playing outside, and taking a walk. Then we went to pick up our vegetables from the farm.
Pita now tells me when she needs a diaper change, but then she hides and won't actually let me change her. It goes something like this:
"Mama! Mama! Poo. Hahahaha!"
"Hiding! Hiding!"
Speaking of little turkeys, I had more than just a silly toddler to deal with today. This wild turkey was hanging around our yard almost all morning. I hope she wasn't lost or separated from her family, because they usually stick together.
We got Pita some new magnets because she has been showing interest in letters and numbers. She counts to six (and to ten with a little help), recites the first half of the alphabet, and identifies a few letters and numbers already.
I have also been spending time icing my foot, stretching my calves, and taking ibuprofen. I ran 3 miles yesterday and my foot did not feel good. I think I need to take the rest of the week off from running, and hopefully get my long run in on Saturday. I've been toying all day with the idea of trying to get an appointment with my sports podiatrist, but I have a feeling he'll tell me to do what I've already been doing. If things are still bad on Monday I'll try to get in to see him. Now I'm nervous about getting my training in.
She is just so adorably cute and that pic of her hiding made me smile big big....what a little turkey and what a big turkey in your yard.....eeeeeek I would not have stayed around to have taken a pic but I am glad you did :0)
ReplyDeleteWow that flower box is gorgeous....love all the colors....stunning....I one thing I love the best about Summer is all the pretty flowers, playing outside with Kelcee and of course the pool :0)
xoxo
Summer
My girls loved fridge magnets. We had the leap frog or leap pad magnets? When you stick the letter into the holder it said it out loud! Fabulous toy:)
ReplyDeleteAhhh, yes, fridge magnets still clutter my kitchen and Emily is nearly 4! They are cheap entertainment. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to read about your foot! That must be really frustrating for a runner like you. I hope maybe a week of rest will heal it so you can get back out there.