Thursday, June 17, 2010

last day of school

One of the best things about working in a school is that as an adult you get to keep experiencing the excitement of a new school year starting each fall, and the feeling of freedom that summer vacation brings each June. Tomorrow is the first day of summer vacation! Now, the days of summer vacation being all about me doing whatever I wanted for two months are gone. This summer will also be much different from last year, when Celia was still so little. Here's a picture of the little chubster from last June, bald as can be.


We spent much of our time at home last summer- taking walks, playing with baby toys, drooling, nursing, napping while nursing, nursing again... As much as I LOVED all that snuggle time with the tiny little critter, it will be fun to get out more this summer now that Celia can do so much more. We can have play dates, go to the park, library, shopping, play outside, and go to the beach. We might go to stay with my parents during the week some of the time. Celia will go to daycare one day a week so she can still see her little friends and stay used to the routine.

The summer is about to fly by, I know. I'm a homebody by nature. If it were up to me I'd spend most of my days doing things around the house, going for my runs, reading, and gardening- and be perfectly content. But- I need to start branching out and doing new things with Celia since we have the whole summer to ourselves. She loves going out to new places. I resolve now to enjoy every day of our summer (well- almost every day), and to start doing more new things that Pita and I will both love!

No comments:

Post a Comment