Sunday, May 2, 2010

mid-summer in may

Today was very hot and hazy, more like late July than early May. We had a very busy day too, and spent lots of time outside. This morning Chris took my car for an oil change while Celia napped, I worked out, and we then played outside. Pita also enjoyed some peek-a-boo with her hat.


Oh, and those chubby little elephant legs are just too much in shorts! I love, love her little summer clothes!

We decided to go to the park for a picnic. It was nice to do something fun as a family since we've been so busy lately. Celia had so much fun running in the grass, and people/dog/car watching that she barely ate anything.


By mid-afternoon I was feeling a little stressed because although we'd had a fun day, I had a lot of house and yard work to do and hadn't packed us up for Monday or done any meal planning. I left Chris home with Celia and went to Trader Joe's to stock up on some easy dinner stuff. I do not have it in me to do any meal planning this week! It was such a luxury to shop all by myself, and by the time I got home I was much more relaxed. We had dinner, and then I still had a lot to do. Chris played with Celia and put her to bed, and I packed lunches and snacks, tidied up, did lots of yard work, and took a shower. Just a couple more things and then time for bed!

1 comment:

  1. BUSY!? It is such a luxury to shop alone, isn't it!? I adore doing that. And yes, her legs look SO cute in those shorts!

    ReplyDelete