Sunday, March 21, 2010

the way a weekend is supposed to be

 
We had another beautiful day today. We spent a lot of time playing, both inside and out. While Celia took her morning nap, Chris did homework and I went for a run. Then we decided to go out for lunch. Pita was such a good girl. Just like last week, she chatted up the poor people sitting near us :). She even ate her lunch off a plate without anything (lunch or plate) thrown on the ground! Then we went to the grocery store and Chris and Celia had a good time together. Celia is really into walking now, so they did a little walking around while I shopped. Our grocery store also has tiny little shopping carts for kids to push. She is going to love those when she gets older! Then we drove home and she had her afternoon nap in the car.


We played outside some more and Chris took Celia for a run in the stroller while I prepped dinner. I even made a banana cream pie for dessert and I was so excited about it, only to find that something went wrong and it turned into soup in the oven! So weird. I'm good at baking so I still don't know what I did wrong. I'm still determined to eat it and not let it go to waste. Chris thought I was crazy, but he did join me in a bowl of it after dinner, and Celia (who never gets anything sugary) loved it.


After dinner, we all hung out in the living room and Celia played with her dollhouse while Chris and I watched the news. I'm a politics junkie, so I've been reading updates on the House of Reps all day. No matter what side you're on, the drama and suspense are fabulous. Watching C-SPAN can be the ultimate reality TV sometimes! I know, I'm pretty dorky...

Time to gear up for another Monday.

1 comment:

  1. I have to say, I agree. That is EXACTLY what a weekend should be. It sound wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete