Friday, March 5, 2010

puppies and rainbows will have to wait

I was planning to write all about happy puppies and rainbows today, since Friday's usually a nice easy day at home. As is likely to happen when a baby's involved, things have changed!

Celia woke up at her usual time this morning. I made coffee and then went to get her. As I entered her room I could smell, ha ha I mean tell right away that she had thrown up in the crib. I hope she did it right when she woke up rather than during the night, because I had no idea! She didn't make a peep all night. I took her out of her pajamas right away, and went to wake up Chris for some help. Then Celia and I went into her bathroom to clean her up. She was a little upset and it was not going well, and I had to go back AGAIN to try getting Chris out of bed. Back to the bathroom we went. I didn't want to give Celia a full bath yet because I didn't know how she was feeling and she was still a little out of sorts. So I was trying to "wash" her hair by combing water with a little shampoo through it when Chris finally came in.

Me: "Oh, Daddy finally decided to show up."

Chris: "I got up as fast as I could. God, you are such a [insert not nice word here]!"

Me: "So if the house was on fire you'd just lie there for a while?"

***crickets***

This is us at our best at 5 am.

So then we got Celia dressed, got downstairs, and went through our typical morning routine. Oh, and I cleaned up a really horrific vomit situation in the crib which included stepping in a puddle of it I hadn't seen on the floor. That was fun. Now Chris is at work and Celia's napping. She didn't eat much for breakfast and had a pretty yucky diaper this morning, but she's still as happy as ever. She really is such a good girl. I think she definitely has a little stomach bug, but hopefully it will be short lived. Here's my little Pita reading her books before nap time.


My parents are coming to visit today and Celia will be so happy to see them! They're going to watch her and put her to bed while Chris and I attend a special event at his work tonight. I have a lot on my to-do list for today and the weekend. I'll probably share some of it over the next few days!

1 comment:

  1. hope your little miss is feeling all better soon! at leat she is a happy sick baby :)
    have a great weekend and fun at the event tonight!

    ReplyDelete