We had a lot of snow this year. Record breaking amounts, with a snowstorm almost every week. First, it was fun to have some snow. Then it gradually got to be way too much, and very inconvenient. And eventually, we just got used to it and didn't even bother checking the weather half the time because we just figured it would snow.
Chris took Henry away one weekend, and Celia and I had the time all to ourselves. We went out to dinner on Saturday night.
We spent a lot of time by the fire. This kid has no idea what an amazing life he has. Fireside pooping...
Spring came late, and we couldn't wait to get outside.
Both kids are now big enough to be somewhat independent at the playground, so we've spent a lot of time there this spring. We're also finding it to be a great social meeting place. We live in a small town, and almost every time we're at the playground we see people we know. Chris has started calling me a "townie" because I now seem to know everyone.
Henry's latest thing is that he loves to dress up as either a superhero, or a girl called "Henrietta". It is hilarious.
We've been to the zoo a few times already this year: Twice with both kids, and once when I went with Celia on her class fieldtrip.
Sweetie Girl had her dance recital. She did very well. I'm not sure if she will want to do dance again next year. I would like her to because she is good at it and seems to enjoy it, but on the other hand it is difficult to get to and from dance class at dinner time. It makes for a hectic day, especially when I have to cart Henry around too.
For the past few weeks I've had a steady supply of peonies to cut and bring inside. They are one of my favorite flowers.




















No comments:
Post a Comment