Monday, October 13, 2014

fall fun and big milestones

It's been a long time again. I think of things to write about during the day, but by the time the kids are in bed I'm all out of energy for writing. We are really deep into autumn here now. We're probably just past peak fall foliage. We had some rain and wind that blew a lot of trees bare this week. Henry and I have been playing in leaves while sister's at school, we've taken some walks, and we've all been outside quite a bit. Today the kids played while Chris and I started preparing the yard and garage for winter. We brought some firewood inside and had our first fire, which is something I look forward to every year. (Ask me how I feel come February, when I'm dusting the house daily and constantly running and cleaning the humidifier.) 






It was a dreary day when I took this picture, but we've had some beautiful views from the back deck.


In other news, Henry has surprised us and ended up potty training over the last few days! He was very resistant to it, so I had decided we'd let him go until his third birthday and then train him. But it seems that he's now ready and has done a great job this weekend. He has been in underwear all day with no accidents! He is very proud of himself, and has even been going to the potty when he needs to without us always reminding him. 


He is so adorable in his little undies.


Henry has been a bit of a terror lately, but this weekend he seemed to turn a corner. He still had a few moments, but was much happier and more compliant. I think potty training has something to do with it. 

Celia has also hit a big milestone this week. She is reading! It's amazing. We've worked on letters and their sounds, and a little on the beginning concepts of reading and spelling. We came across a set of BOB books at my in-laws' last weekend, and I brought them home to try. Celia picked them up and something just clicked for her, and she read them! She's doing very well at it. 


Guess that's all for now. 













1 comment:

  1. Little bitty kids in undies are always so adorable. I love the fall pics. Fall has pretty much ended here, which is a shame since I still have people wanting fall photos. I have a shoot scheduled for Friday and I am thinking it's going to be more of a winter session.

    ReplyDelete