On Sunday we went to a little carnival in our town. The kids had a great time. There was only one ride that Henry could go on. It was a little train. He wanted to go on more rides, but was happy just walking around and playing a couple games. Celia was able to go on a few rides.
We played a horse race game that only cost a few dollars, and since we were the only ones playing we were guaranteed a prize. The man running the game was so nice, and after Celia picked out an animal he gave us a second one for Henry that he couldn't give out because it had gotten a bit dirty. The kids were thrilled. Then we got soft serve. It was the first time we've given Henry ice cream, and he thought it was the best thing that had ever happened to him. I tried to get a picture, but Henry was either looking at his ice cream or eat ice cream in every one.
When we got home, Celia set up all the chairs, the little slide, and other outdoor toys and had a pretend fair with rides. It was adorable.
I've figured out a good time for grocery shopping, for now until our summer schedule begins. I've started going during the week, when I can go alone. It's amazing. It's like taking a vacation. I get a fancy coffee drink. I go to the store. It isn't crowded and I don't have any kids, so I sail right through. Then I pick up Celia from school, and we go home and put the groceries away before getting Henry.
Speaking of the summer schedule, I'm realizing it's only a few weeks away. Wow.
Henry and I have had a good day today. We played outside this morning, and Henry has played with the Little People a lot. He wanted to help me make muffins, so we did that too. He really likes helping in the kitchen now. Going to get Celia from school after nap time, and then we will have more time to play outside!






Why is it that a trip to a store, alone, unrushed, IS some kind of special treat once you become a mom?!? Man, I value silence. :)
ReplyDelete