Tuesday, November 5, 2013

tuesday with henry

By Tuesday with Henry, I mean a full day. The dude woke up at 5:15 this morning and was extremely unwilling to go back to sleep or let me rock him in his room. When he's up, he's up and he insists on going downstairs.

The dude. The cheeks, the belly, the still-chunky thighs. Gah! I love him.
Lately Henry is really into the show Paw Patrol. He typically only watches tv when Celia does, but this morning I let him watch while I had coffee. Chris and Celia got up around 6:30, and I got Pita her breakfast and helped her get dressed. On Tuesdays I have more time to get her ready for school, so I gave her braids while she drew a picture.



I also talked Henry into putting a shirt on, along with the too-small snow boots he's insisted upon wearing indoors lately...



Chris took Celia to school, and Henry and stayed home for a while. Henry is entering his terrible twos. He is not happy when he doesn't get his way, and any little thing can set him off. I have started sticking to limits more, so he gets used to the idea that he can't always have things the way he wants. This morning he was such a little monster! For some reason he decided to start spitting. The front of his shirt was all wet, there were little spit puddles everywhere, and whenever he had food he would spit it out. So disgusting! At one point, he brought his snack in the living room, spilled it, and told me he was "cleaning" the living room. He was trying to wipe the floor clean with a baby wipe, and freaked out when I tried to get the pieces picked up. Ridiculous.



He was playing with trucks, and I heard him say "Naughty truck. Time out." Haha.
I wanted to try on some things at Gap, since they have a big sale online today. Isn't it ridiculous that the sale is online? So I went to the actual store to try on the clothes, and then had to go home and order them online to get the sale price. Anyway, I brought a pair of shoes in the dressing room for Henry to try on. He loved that.


Then we just walked around for a while at the shopping center, since it was a nice day. Henry had a great time looking around, walking on the sidewalk, trying out all the benches we passed.


We got home just in time for lunch, played for a little while, and got ready for nap. Henry woke up way too early. For some reason he wakes up crying and won't go back to sleep. So we watched tv and played upstairs, and his mood improved. Chris was able to get Celia from school, which was good, and then he took Henry out for dinner. Henry always does better with a change of scenery. Celia and I made pancakes and smoothies for our dinner, and ate by the fire.

2 comments:

  1. What a good idea to bring shoes into the dressing room! You gotta love those terrible twos ;). I know all about that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie, terrible two's or not! I love that age, because they are like angry little adults. I agree about the Gap thing! They always have the good sales online and not in store, what gives!?

    ReplyDelete