Tuesday, July 9, 2013

the current state of things


Today: We're playing with our mother's helper, playing in water, going to the library. Hopefully not going crazy. Henry is getting better and his fever is gone, but he's still cranky and not quite himself. He wants to be held constantly and it's very draining. I'm hoping today will be better, or I may jump off a cliff. Hoping Henry will want to play with Danirose so I can get a few things done.

House: Chris finally got our bedroom curtains put up while the kids and I were gone over the weekend!


Eating: I have some really good bread and have been making delicious sandwiches with hummus, lettuce, tomato, and sprouts. We've been making 
chocolate chip cookie dough dip lately, and Celia loves it for lunch. She dips carrots and apples in it. We've also been eating greens, green beans, peas, and broccoli from the garden.

Reading: I've read a few great books lately. Sharp Objects, then A Week in Winter, and right now I'm reading The Midwife of Venice.

Outside: Front of the house is looking nice. Let me qualify that. The plants are looking nice. The house itself has siding to be painted and no window trim or shutters on the first floor. The side yard, not so much, as the lawn is full of crab grass. I hate crab grass. My blue hydrangea has only a few flowers, but they are purdy. All creamy and bluey.



Exercise: I'm really trying to exercise regularly now. It is hard to find time. Lately there have been early morning elliptical workouts, and a few runs. I'd like to start some challenging video workouts this week. The elliptical isn't really a hard enough workout.

Weather: Hot and humid, as it's been every day lately. I've forgone the blow dryer in this weather and am going with air dried curls. I actually don't mind my hair curly at this length.


Looking Forward To: A little vacation time next week. But also looking forward to being back on a normal work schedule and routine the week after. My appointments have been all messed up the last couple weeks.

1 comment:

  1. This was a fun update. I love your garden. I also like how high the curtains are in your bedroom. That is what I am going to try to do for our bedroom as we get set up in our apartment.

    ReplyDelete