We got home at lunch time, and Chris's parents were visiting so I got some stuff done and went to Home Depot to get outlet covers for the dining room after the kids had lunch and Henry started his nap.
![]() |
| He was in this position for the whole nap. |
This morning Henry kept getting upset, and for the past few days he has been getting upset sometimes when he starts eating. Yesterday when it happened he held his ear and said "Uh oh, ear", and this morning he was pulling his ear. He had an ear infection that was starting to get better on its own, but we've had a prescription to fill just in case, so we decided to fill it just to be safe and see if it makes him happier. So Chris took Henry out and they went to Home Depot, stopped at a cafe, and got his medicine. I took Celia and we ran some errands, got Henry some summer clothes, and stopped for a snack for her. Lately it seems best for us to "divide and conquer" with the kids sometimes on weekends. Sometimes when they're together they are constantly fighting over toys and at each other. When we each take a kid, everyone is so much happier and the day goes much better.
![]() |
| Celia also worked on a thank you gift for her teacher. |
![]() |
| Beautiful day! |
Celia and I had a nice time when we were out. She said the cutest things while we were sitting outside having a snack, and I wrote them down because she is just so funny sometimes.
I started chuckling because Celia's face was covered in crumbs and she shrugged and said, "It's yummy. What can I say?" Her mannerisms just kill me sometimes.
She saw her reflection in the store window and said "What's going on here?"
She saw a man sitting alone at another table and whispered to me, "Why is he sitting by himself?" She was worried that he was alone. I explained that sometimes people like going out alone, and she said "I don't. I come alone with you."
And my favorite:
"When someone hugs me it goes through my belly, to my nose, to my head, and into my heart. The same thing happens when someone gives me a kiss."
We were all home in time for lunch, and now Henry is napping and I'm sitting outside writing as Celia plays. She's making rock soup and some sort of home or play area for bugs, filling bowls with dirt and water :). I'm pretty sure she just drowned a worm... Time to close the laptop and enjoy the beautiful afternoon.









Cute! The quotes and the napping picture, awwww.
ReplyDelete