We had a very busy weekend. On Saturday Chris replaced five windows in our dining room and living room, with help from a friend, his dad, my dad and my brother. It's going to be so nice when we have the trim done, walls painted, and curtains up! I can't believe the difference in air tightness already. And having windows that open- quite a concept.
My Mom did some work in our yard and Celia helped me plant kale, spinach, and green onion seeds. I'm looking forward to getting more planted. The garden is not very easily accessible from our kitchen, so I'm thinking about putting planters with greens on the deck along with herbs and flowers. Then it will be much easier to pick some kale for salads, smoothies, etc.
When on earth are we going to have some lasting warm weather? It's really getting ridiculous. The kids love going outside, but it's too cold to keep them out for long. Yesterday Celia and I went to a little "spring party" hosted by one of her friends, and the girls were running around the yard playing and blowing bubbles in 40 degree weather. It was freezing!
Today is Marathon Monday in Boston. This day always makes me feel a little wistful. It makes me miss living in the city where I would always watch the marathon somewhere near the finish line. And since I ran my marathon, it makes me sad that I'm not running at that level right now. When Henry gets just a little older I will have time, but now it's just so hard for me (and Chris) to find much time for exercise, let alone being gone for one to four hours a day running.
It's school vacation week here, and I get the week off of work too. Celia has a friend coming over this morning, and we're visiting my parents for a couple days.
Henry started using a spoon recently, and now he thinks all foods should be eaten from a bowl, with a spoon. This morning I gave him toast, and he kept asking for a bowl until I finally gave him one. He's really into eating fruit and yogurt with cheerios with a spoon too.
Celia and Henry are starting to have more evenly sided conflicts, now that Henry is walking, talking, and has his own ideas about things. But she is generally very patient and understands that he's learning. Yesterday I was in the bathroom for only a minute, and when I came back Pita had moved their chairs so he could sit near her. She is such a sweet sister girl.




Boston Marathon day is so much fun. I'm bummed that I'm at work and not out watching! The new windows look great (mine don't open in my place hello fire hazard)! Enjoy april vacation. Hopefully it will warm up.
ReplyDeleteOh goodness. How weird to read this today after what happened yesterday. Now look up and give thanks the LORD had you right there at home, safe and sound.
ReplyDeleteIt is odd to read this, thinking of you having been used to being by the finish line, after yesterday. Hug those cute kids of yours!
ReplyDelete