Friday, February 8, 2013

phone photo friday

We have a blizzard starting up here this afternoon. It's partly exciting, but would be more exciting if we weren't going to lose power for an extended time...

This morning Henry woke up early because the iPod we use for his white noise turned off. So that was fun. I'm going to stop using the iPod because it keeps losing battery power, and he wakes up and sometimes doesn't fall back asleep. Anyway, I got up and got ready while he talked and made his little gremlin noises in his crib. Then we went downstairs and started the day.


I think maybe I don't post enough near-naked pictures of Henry. I want to eat those round cheeks and chunky legs.
When Celia got up I made breakfast for the kids and we got ready to go to Celia's 4 year check-up! Celia weighs 29 pounds and is 37 inches tall, both measurements being around the 8th percentile. She's still a tiny one, which we already knew. The doctor is happy with her size and growth, and thinks Celia will just always be petite. Pita also had two shots and did fine with them. She will have two more at her 5 year check-up, to have all the boosters she will need for kindergarten.


They have tiny hospital gowns. It that not the cutest thing? 
When we left the doctor's office I decided to swing by the Panera drive-through. I figured we might as well drive around and do something fun before we're snowed in for a few days. As we were leaving Panera, the first snowflakes were starting to fall.


When we got home, there were sticky notes all over the counter that Chris had made. All of our things to do to prepare for losing power. I think we need to spend the money to get a big generator and have it hooked up to our propane tank and main power panel. We lose power several times a year, and have no water, no heat in most of the house, no phone, and no cell phone service. It would be so nice not to worry about it, and especially to have water and heat.


The kids were a little wild before lunch. Rather, Celia was wild. She gets in these hyper moods that drive me nuts. (They were singing Itsy Bitsy Spider in this picture.)


Storms require forts to be made under the kitchen table, right?


After lunch, both kids were much more calm and played well for quite a while as I cleaned up the kitchen. Then Henry went up for his nap and Celia continued to drive me nuts. Ha! We went outside for a bit since it wasn't snowing too hard yet. We already had an inch or two. I think we're expected to get about 2 feet of snow in total.


Now time to hoard more well water and get Henry up from his nap.


2 comments:

  1. Totally DREADING the probable power loss here, too - especially with a 2-week old! How does a Panera drive-through work? Does it take forever??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it is stressful, but it sounds kind of exciting too.

    ReplyDelete