Tuesday, January 8, 2013

tuesday randoms


- It's 5:49 am. Henry woke up at five, which is even too early for me. On a good note, he is sleeping through the night! He just gets up really early. After only two days of sleep training he began sleeping ten hours, and has done so every night since. I remember Celia used to wake up early at this age, so I'm sure he will eventually sleep later. 

- One of my work clients just pulled out of a 9:00 am preschool class because it was too early in the morning. I know some people have unique schedules, but... yeah. There is no way 9:00 is early at all. It's when most people are already at work, kids are already at school, stores are open. Wonder what that mom would think of Henry's schedule. She kept talking about 9:00 like it was so early, and waiting for me to agree with her. Which I didn't. Because it's not. 

- I love our wood stove. Plus, getting up early is much easier when you get up to this (and coffee):


- I had some Christmas money and used part of it to get curtains for our living room and master bedroom. I can't wait to get them up. Now just have to convince Blobbers to put up the hardware. 

- Celia must have had a very busy day at school yesterday. She slept in the car on the way home, and is now still sleeping at almost 7:00 this morning. 

- Henry jargons constantly these days and it is hilarious. He makes up all kinds of "words" and "sentences", and uses adult-sounding intonation. He gestures and makes all kinds of expressions, and goes back and forth to have conversations with people. Sometimes you can tell what he's trying to say and actually have a conversation. I can't wait for him to start using more real words because he obviously has a lot to say.

- It's a beautiful sunny day today! Not too cold, either.

- Okay, now it's almost 11:00. This is how I write blog posts now, because I don't have time to sit and write all at once. Celia's at school. Henry napped this morning and I got quite a bit done. I started dinner, cooked apple, sweet potato and squash for lunches and breakfasts for the week, did laundry, and dusted. Henry got up and played independently for quite a while, so I emptied the dishwasher while he played. Now he is nursing, which is why I have time to write again. 

- This is the time of year when I want to eat lots of raw vegetables. Wait. Scratch that. I always want to eat lots of raw vegetables. But it just feels especially good in winter, when you're getting tired of being indoors, wish you had more sunlight, and have just finished up with all those holidays that involve so much eating. I've been making some creamy (and healthy! Oil-free!) salad dressings that make big salads something I really look forward to. 

- Um, have I not put any pictures of my children in this post? Prepare for a photo dump. 








4 comments:

  1. 9 am? that's crazy. Your wood burning stove look so warm and cozy.
    Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how grown your babies are!!! I fell into a black hole during the holidays and am finally back to the online world. It was so nice to see these photos in my reader today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So since when did you borrow our cat bwahahah your cat looks just like our Maggie Mae accept I believe Maggie is much more on the chunky side ha! Everyone calls her Garfield ha! Those glasses on Celia are kinda awesome as in I want a pair lol! OMG K does that and still does that 5 am thing and when she sleeps until eight o'clock I feel as if I slept in until noon ha! Yeah I agree 9 is so not early lol if I sleep until nine I run in Kelcee's room to see if she's ok lol she has only slept until nine twice in her whole life and she is six ha! I have to say Henry does look so much like Celia in these pictures. oooooh a fire place coffee fun relaxing yay! I am really enjoying our faux fire place during this resting period I have to make myself do lol! Love it! This is such a cute post and now you have me in the mood for a salad ha! I had an uber awesome one from Wendy's yesterday it was really good. What type of dressing do you make you will have to share...oooh maybe you could post about that...see you write so well you can think up something pretty girl. OK so my head is popping and I am seeing double so I best quit typing lol!

    love you
    Summer

    ReplyDelete