Thursday, December 27, 2012

christmas, sleep training, vacation week and more

We have had quite an eventful week around here. (Well, eventful for us...) Luckily Henry got over his stomach virus in time for Christmas. We had a very busy, but good day. Both kids were really good and had a lot of fun. In the morning we took a couple hours to see what Santa brought, play, and get ready. Then we drove to Connecticut to see Chris's family for the day. We got home just before the kids' bedtimes. The house was a mess for a couple days following Christmas. Lots of laundry to do, toys to organize, and I'm trying to gradually put away the Christmas decorations. I also went through the upstairs closets to declutter them, and got rid of a lot. I've had new towels sitting in storage for a year because I thought it was wasteful to throw out my old towels. I finally got over it (I mean, it's really not the end of the world to replace twelve year old towels) and freed up a lot of space.

The little ones have been busy playing with their Christmas presents. As you can see, the riding/walking toys are a hit.



On Wednesday we went to the mall in the afternoon. I thought it wouldn't be crowded being the day after Christmas, but I was wrong. I wanted to get myself a couple things, but by the time we took the kids to the play area and the carousel Henry was getting really tired and cranky so we just went home.

Speaking of tired and cranky, we are sleep training Henry using the Ferber method. Last night was night one, no binky and no nursing. It was rough. We were tired this morning. Good thing the little guy is so freaking cute and cuddly.

Early morning self portrait: Exhausted baby and mommy.
Last night Chris was the one doing the sleep training. Today I did Henry's naps, and he did well. Tonight he went to sleep without crying at bedtime, and I'm going to do the middle of the night wakings. Hopefully it will go better than last night. Little dude just has to learn how to put himself back to sleep, and the only way for it to happen is to give him the time to figure it out.

Today we got some things done around the house. I had to take my watch to get repaired, so I took Celia with me and we went out for lunch too.


I love her. I love her little face. Just looking at the picture makes me want to go up to her room and climb in her bed to snuggle her. I am obsessed with my children. I need an intervention.

Tomorrow we are having a second little Christmas with my family. I can't believe the week is almost over already. This vacation is going by too fast. Time for bed now, to get some sleep before Henry keeps me up...

1 comment:

  1. Girl we are so much alike! I did the same thing with our towels hey I still am lol, I need to just pitch the old ones ha, I think you just motivated me too lol! OMG how cute is Celia and Henry and you were right Kelcee and Celia are twinsies in their matching pjs how awesome! K loved looking at the picture then of course she wanted a riding toy like Celia I have had to explain ten times they are smaller than her lol and those toys are for smaller kiddos she was over it once she saw they have the same wagon as her lol! I am so glad he is over the flu and you all didn't get it I have been praying so hard ya'll didn't! Glad you were able to have a fun Christmas go to your in laws how fun! What is the Ferber method? You guys look so cute even exhausted and you are gorgeous girl!
    I enjoyed this post too cute!

    love ya
    Sums

    ReplyDelete