Today is a beautiful, perfect weather day. The little ones and I are just hanging around the house. I'm happy to have a week of beautiful days before returning to work.
Celia played at daycare for a while this morning. She will only go a few more times before starting preschool, and Henry will be starting daycare! Big changes. This morning I got a few things done and had time to shower while Henry napped. I hardly ever find time to shower. How will I do it when I go back to work? Then Henry and I played for a while and I fed him before we picked up Celia. We went home and the kids played while I made lunch. They both ate really well. Henry really likes eating "real" food now, as opposed to baby food. He really likes sweet potato, carrots, and green beans cut into pieces.
Now that Henry is really crawling, he is slowly starting to get around the house more and more. Today after lunch I was cleaning up and prepping dinner, Celia was busy playing by herself, and Henry was completely happy just crawling around the kitchen looking at everything and trying to get into things. Crawling babies can be challenging, but they're also so cute. He just wanders around and looks at everything. It must be fascinating for him to see everything from a new perspective. He has also started trying to pull up on things, so we have to watch him carefully.
He also likes to pull over the toy baskets and take everything out. When he's in the mood to play independently, he really entertains himself.
Henry was so busy after lunch, in fact, that he did not want to have a nap. I tried putting him down at the usual time but he was wide awake. He finally went right to sleep when I tried again a whole hour and a half later! I'm thinking he might need his nap schedule adjusted.
Now Celia and I are at the table having a snack and working. Pita's drawing pictures while I write.
Also showing off her "new teeth". She had to have a cavity filled and decalcifications fixed on her front teeth yesterday. She did amazingly well at the dentist. The only thing that was rough was when they did the novocaine injection. That upset her a little. I'm sure trying to fix cavities on most kids her age is quite a feat. I asked what she thought about everything the dentist did, and she said "I thought it was pretty wacky." Ha! Now I'm paranoid that she's going to get more cavities. Apparently it's common for little kids to have problems with the front teeth.
It also looks like the issues with my work schedule are going to work out. I'm still not one hundred percent confident about it because every time I think things are working out, they don't. But at this point both the union and HR are on my side, so it looks like I might be able to actually count on knowing what my schedule is and actually start planning things for the fall. Until now I've just been waiting, wanting but not able to start organizing things for work, schedule appointments and things for the kids, and just prepare mentally for the school year.
Time to get off the computer and fold laundry before getting Henry up. It's so beautiful I think we need to get outside for a walk!




Oh my goodness, look at how big that Henry boy is! So glad you've had some nice days before work starts back up.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy these last days of summer!
ReplyDelete