Monday, July 23, 2012

miscellany monday: shopping with celia


1) Yesterday I took Celia out for a couple hours of time together. I had to look for a dress and thought we could have an afternoon out.


It's so much fun to go out with her alone. It's not that I don't enjoy being with Henry of course, but Celia is old enough that it's just easy and fun to take her places. Taking a baby places is a lot more work! Celia has really never gone clothes shopping with me before. We've been in clothing stores and gotten things for her, but I don't usually take her shopping. She was fascinated by store mannequins. She had to stop and make a hilarious comment about every one she saw. "What's he doing?" "She's wearing no pants!" "Look, a foot!"


Pita hadn't been in a fitting room before. Her reaction to the whole process of trying on clothes was so funny. First, she was fascinated by the concept of the fitting room. "We're going in here? Where no one can see us?" Ha! Then when I started getting undressed she exclaimed quite incredulously, "Are you taking your clothes off?!" "You're taking your pants off?!" I tried on several dresses, and each time Celia would exclaim "Pretty Mommy!" and hug me. I have never had a cheering section while trying on clothes, and certainly have never received so many compliments on clothes that looked bad on me :). She even helped me zip up a dress, and when I tried it on again at home she asked, "Mommy, can I help zip you up?" She is such a character.

I did not buy this dress. Why are all the dresses right now in that style that makes you look like                                        you have no waist and are wearing a potato sack?
2) Celia has picked up a habit from one of her friends, of saying "super" all the time. "I'm super thirsty." "I'm super tired." "I'm super hungry" It's super annoying. Not that she does it, but I just don't like the word "super" being used that way. The habit also comes from a friend who's a little girl I just find annoying in general. I can't believe my daughter's only three and already has a friend I find annoying.

3) I've started making vegan pizzas. They are yummy!


4) My vegetable garden is coming along more. We had our first summer squash the other day, our first cucumber yesterday, and some baby beets and beet greens today. I can't wait for more!

5) One advantage of Celia still being such a small size at age 3 1/2? No problem fitting in the kitchen sink for a bath!


6) For some reason, sleep training just isn't sticking with Henry. He is still awake a lot from 2-3 AM on.  He doesn't go down for naps easily anymore either. Wondering if I need to change his nap schedule or something.

7) Celia was dressing up the other day, and said she was dressed up as a mommy.


8) We have a new (hand-me-down) dining room table from Chris's parents that ended up looking really nice in our dining room. The table I had in there is an antique, and was a bit wobbly to eat at. It's now in the front hall (behind Celia in the picture above). I really like it there.


5 comments:

  1. Hi! Visiting from Misc. Monday. Your sweet girl sure looks like she enjoys shopping with you! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, girls are so fun! Love that she cheered you on in the dressing room, too sweet. :) Love the new table!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from MM and what a cute blog. Mommy and daughter shopping, oh the memories I have of such a long, long time ago. But, we still enjoy shopping when we can. Enjoy these days, they whiz by so quickly!

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait for my own cheerleader :) also I'm thankful for the potato sack clothes but will hate them in a few months I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need a daughter! Hmmmm maybe adoption? ;)
    Pizza looks yummy! I am still plugging away working on my vegan conversion! :)

    ReplyDelete