2) Things are starting to get exciting in my garden! Right now we have peas, lots of swiss chard and kale, and everything else is getting going. Celia loves to go in the garden with me, and especially loves eating the peas right from their pods. The garden will be a great way for her to get more vegetables because she loves picking things and eating them raw. She was even eating raw swiss chard leaves the other day.
3) After my last post, things are looking up. For some reason I was just very overwhelmed last week, with so much going on and some big changes coming at the end of the summer. The kids and I had a really nice day on Friday and that made it all better. In the afternoon I set up swimming pools for them (a baby bathtub for Henry) and we just sat out under a tree and played in the water. Chris finished work early and came out with us too.
He looked like a little old man in his swimming trunks.
They are just the sweetest little things. I love that they look so much alike. It makes me want to keep having more of them. Ha!
4) Over the weekend, I took the kids up to New Hampshire to visit my dad and Celia and I went to a baby shower for one of my friends from college.
Traveling, sleeping, etc all went well. I just hate all the packing and unpacking when you have babies! Celia had fun at the baby shower. It was cute to watch her figure it all out, because she had never been to a shower before and probably didn't know what to expect even though I explained what it was about. She was very impressed by the cake, and the party favors she got :). And when Missy was opening her presents Celia kept making little comments and oohing and ahhing over the gifts just like the grown-ups. It was so funny.
5) The other day Celia said "Mommy, Henry's such a cutie pie." I said, "If Henry's a cutie pie, what are you?" And she said "I'm a sweetie girl!" That she is. Now I call her Sweetie Girl.
6) Today I made a red wine-mustard sauce for a dinner later in the week, and it has made the house smell amazing.
7) Also mentioned in my last post, I did start sleep training with Henry on Wednesday night. We use the Ferber method. He is already sleeping better at night, happier during the day, and even napping better.
8) My mom is nearing the end of a two week trip in Eastern Europe. She has gotten to visit a lot of the cities I would love to see myself- Budapest, Vienna, Prague. I can't wait to see pictures.
9) It has taken me all day of sitting down for a few minutes here and there, to write this post. This is why I don't have the time to write much anymore! Celia is entertaining Henry right now while he jumps in his jumper. At least they can play together a little now, and that buys me time to do things every so often.
10) Another thing I don't have a lot of time for, and will have even less time for when I go back to work? Grocery shopping. I have discovered the joy of grocery delivery and it is amazing. It makes life so much easier, and between grocery delivery and Amazon with free shipping I'm able to cut back on a lot of errands.
Maybe I'll get fancy and actually post more than once this week ;)






She looks so pretty in her little dress! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy House-i-versary!! Exciting :) and yes, I agree those cuties are too adorable not to add to the group ;) Oops - did I say that outloud?? You said it first!!
ReplyDeleteSorry I have been so absent - so much going on and too overwhelmed. Always thinking of you and that gorgeous family!
xoxo
You do indeed have cutie pies and sweetie girls! Too cute! Q is loving the garden thing, too. Anything he picks he deems worthy of lunch that day! ;) Have a lovely week! We're roasting down here in the southern part of the great plains with 105 degree temps.
ReplyDeleteWow it's been a year already? Time flies. Congrats! Your kids do look a lot alike. That red win mustard sauce sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteCelia is adorable and she looks like she comes from the 1920's.
I hear you with being busy! Summer is crazy! I love the pics of the kids. Henry does look cute in those trunks!
ReplyDeleteOne year did change a lot for you- in a good way!
I just had a flashback! We used to bring our little blue bathtub out back, too! Gosh, time flies! :)
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the business. I feel like I need supernanny to come in and make me a schedule, but then I say why bother - we couldn't keep it! I canNOT get anything done except in little increments here and there.