Wednesday, February 15, 2012

wednesday at home

Yesterday we ended the day well. Celia ended up having a good nap and we went to the library before dinner. I got her there by saying we could borrow a movie, so we got a Curious George dvd and she watched that while I cooked. We also got a new Jan Brett book, The Hat, that Pita liked. She was in a good mood this morning too, and let me get her dressed right away without complaining. It may have helped that I pretended to be a pirate while getting her dressed...


It's a grey day and Henry and I stayed home for most of it while Pita was at daycare. Chris worked from home in the morning and it was nice to have him around. Even though he's busy working and taking conference calls, I like him being around the house. Henry and I played, I spent a lot of time getting him to nap, I started dinner, and sang to him while folding laundry. The boy loves to be sung to.

Henry played on his mat for a while this morning, and had his best tummy time to date. He didn't complain at all and actually seemed pretty happy.


You can really see his head bump in this picture. Also, he looks SO much like Celia here. I have an identical one of her around the same age.

This afternoon Henry and I went to get diapers, and lighter pajamas for Celia. Our second floor heats unevenly, and in order to keep Henry warm enough where he sleeps the other bedrooms get too hot. Annoying. So I got Celia some different pjs in hopes that she will sleep better. She is, by the way, doing well without her binky but not sleeping quite as well as she did with it. 


Henry was up a lot during the night last night and I'm tired. Hoping to spend some time like this tonight:


5 comments:

  1. That girl has the sweetest curly hair! Glad you had a good day, albeit a tired one. Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lordy that girl takes my breath away - such a little beauty! I am so sorry you're so tired - I hope you get to relax and enjoy a quiet evening. You're such a great mom - it's so evident when reading these posts...

    Much love to you, my dear!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think i almost bought Sage the same sweater Pita is wearing. was it from Target? it's super cute.

    i need to take my kids to the library more! when i have two on the run it makes it tricky. :)

    hope you get a good nap today, maybe?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baby girl looks so grown up in that picture!!
    Hoping you all get a good nights sleep tonight:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a strong boy lifting his head up and looking around! That fire would be wonderful right about now. It is rainy and yucko here. :(

    ReplyDelete