Friday, September 2, 2011

stuff (my brain is fried- this is the best title i've got...)

I've really been absent from the blog lately, haven't I? The school year hasn't started off well. I've been transferred to a new school, have had to fight for basic resources I need to do my job, and have a workload that's more than double what I've had in the past. It's literally impossible for me to cover all the cases I've been given. I can't even come close. Some of the people I have to deal with are rude and manipulative, and I'm starting to see a lot of bad things about the politics of where I work. And on top of all that, I was transferred involuntarily and without warning so I'm mourning the loss of a job that I really, really loved. I thought I would spend my entire career there...

It's at a point where I hate my job and the stress could be unhealthy, being 7 1/2 months pregnant. I started reading articles about stress and pregnancy, and let's just say that made me even more stressed... It's really unhealthy and can have lasting effects on the baby. 

We are considering having me leave my job, stay at home with the kids, and start my own practice. Which would be a very new and scary thing, but it might be the best option.

Anyway, today I was ready for a long weekend break to begin. Celia and I had a very nice, relaxing day. I was able to mostly stay away from work-related things, but did spend her nap time on work. This morning we went to the doctor and Pita had her flu vaccine. Other than that, we stayed home and played all day.

I brought home a big box of things from work that I won't need anymore. Pita has been having a lot of fun playing with toys and games she hasn't seen before. It really is nice for her to have new things every so often. She's kept herself busy for a few days playing with everything.


After the doctor this morning, she played with her trains and Little People and pretended they were going to the doctor.


She also pretended she was Little Pink Riding Hood.


And speaking of that, from the time she woke up this morning Celia kept telling me she wanted to make some goodies for her sick grandmother. Haha! Late this afternoon we were going to play outside but she brought it up again, so we stayed in and made pumpkin pie brownies for dessert. It was the first time she really helped me and participated in everything without just making it more difficult. She's so cute because she wants to taste every ingredient when I'm cooking. Some things don't taste so good (baking powder? yuck!), but I let her try anything she wants. It's a good experience for her and the last thing I want to do is discourage her from trying new things. Today she liked coconut oil and pumpkin puree :). Lots of fun.

As challenging as staying at home would be, I have to ask myself why on earth I would choose to spend my time doing something that makes me miserable when I have this little person (soon to be two little people) I could spend time with instead...

Looking forward to a long, long weekend for sure!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the job woes. Same "crap" here in GA with all of the budget cuts and such. Everyone employed in the school district is miserable, sick and sad. I am wearing a monitor tomorrow to check my blood pressure. I know it is stress and it angers me to face bp meds for it.
    I would 1000% stay home if I had the option.

    ReplyDelete