Friday, September 23, 2011

friday favorites

This is the first time I've linked up with Rachel's Friday Favorites. I always enjoy those posts, so why not join in? Here are some of the little things I stopped to appreciate this week.
  • That Chris received a strong offer and accepted a new job! He has wanted to leave his job for a long time but he was patient and waited for the right moment, and he's now moving on to a better position with a large and successful company.
  •  How sweet Celia is first thing in the morning. When I go in her room to get her up, she's often wide awake, "hiding" under the covers waiting for me. Yesterday I leaned down into her bed, and she put her hand on my cheek and just left it there, gazing into my eyes and smiling. Best moment of the day. 
         Then she wanted to "be cozy" with her blanket while she watched Caillou in her pajamas :)


  •  The beginnings of a freezer stash of homemade food for after the baby's born, and having a chest freezer in which to store it all.
  •  That I'm home with Celia today, and that we have her music class to go to. The fall semester has started and it's a nice activity for us, especially on rainy days like this one.
  • This sign by the scale at the midwife's office. 

  • That the baby's room is painted, and I've started washing things and putting them in their places. 
 

6 comments:

  1. love that sign at your doctor's office!!! that's so comforting. : )

    congrats to your hubby on a new job! that's such a blessing especially in this season of our economy.

    the baby will be here so soon... good for you getting meals ready. i know you're postpartum self will appreciate that a whole bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great list! So much to be thankful for, indeed. It might seem silly, but that picture of the tiny baby clothes washed and folded kind of makes me weepy. It's so amazing how FAST that season goes by, (even though some days really want to drag) it's a matter of a few blinks of the eye. Love the sign by the scale, that's pretty good! :) Do you have any good freezer meals to share? My friend is due the end of November and we're planning a freezer meal day so she can have some stuff on hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting... a new baby on the way. I remember the anticipation of those days. Congratulations. I love the IQ sign. I will remember that next week and will smile whilst on that dreaded scale. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah! that sign! how funny :) I needed that sign with my pregnancies lol loved your post!! and I love my girls in the morning in their jammies. so comfy and cute. nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! These are the precious moments in life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so BLESSED that you linked up!!

    First, I love that sign at your doctor's office. That says that they are good people -- keepers -- in Minnesotan lingo. :)

    Hope you are doing well. I've been thinking about you these last couple of days.

    Glad that you found some joy in the little things -- love those little ones in the mornings!

    Blessings to you, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete