Friday, September 30, 2011

friday favorites again!

Just this week I've started feeling...not so great. I'm tired, big, swollen, my feet hurt, back and hip joints hurt, and my pelvic floor might just fall out at any moment. I've started to wonder how I can make it for seven or eight more weeks like this. I'm glad we still have some time to get more prepared, but it's a little rough right now.

Despite not feeling my best, there are of course good things too. This week I'm glad...

...that even though they don't fit on my swollen fingers, I'll have these waiting for me when they'll finally fit again.


...that there was no school yesterday, so I got a much needed day off from work.

...that while I didn't get the rest I probably should have, I did get more freezer meals made yesterday.

...that I've wanted to revamp the bedrooms before the baby arrives, and got some new bedding for our room yesterday. Our old quilt, which is still perfectly nice, is a nice match for the guest room so I moved it in there. Big improvement from the one I had there before, that I never liked.


...that when I went to the guest room to take a picture of that bed, I found this:


...that next will be hiding the beat up master bedroom windows with some curtains, if I can find some inexpensive ones. We have four windows in there- that means a lot of panels and hardware to buy, just for one room. 


...that our neighbors are coming for dinner on Sunday... and that not only have we gotten to move into this beat-up house we always loved so much, we have lovely people to befriend right next door.

...that after battling to get Celia out of the house this morning (terrible twos at their finest), I ended up with some awfully cute pictures of her on the front steps. She wanted to pretend she was going to school.


I planned to wait until she was four to start preschool, but we may have to start at three instead!

1 comment:

  1. How cute!! She is ready! ;)
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete