Thought I'd do another "day in the life" type post. This was my day yesterday.
Celia has been sleeping late in the morning lately- often until after 7:00 but I usually wake her up before 7:30 because I don't want to mess up the nap schedule and she'll have to get up earlier when school starts in a few weeks. I'm considering moving her bedtime a bit earlier to see if she can wake up sooner. Anyway, this morning I got up around 7 (that will have to be an hour earlier in a few weeks- have to prepare myself for that), got dressed, and woke Celia up. I think she was already awake because she had her head under her blanket and told me she was hiding :). She immediately asked me what we were doing today, like she always does. She's always so chipper first thing in the morning.
We went downstairs and Pita played with her Little People while I had breakfast. She was happy playing by herself so I also had time to clean the kitchen floor, empty the dishwasher, and wash some dishes. Then Chris was up and getting ready for work, and Celia watched Caillou while I made her breakfast. She ate, I cleaned up some more and wiped the counters, and Chris left for work. I was able to get Celia dressed, pottied and ready to leave the house without excessive whining or drama (which is not always the case!) and we left for her music class.
Pita did really well at music class. She sang and participated in everything today, and she even used the bathroom there for the first time! In the past she's been scared of that bathroom, but today the fan wasn't as loud for some reason and Celia noticed it. So I told her the bathroom was fixed and not scary anymore. She also saw a couple of other kids use the bathroom, and then she told me she wanted to go. Peer pressure :D.
We went home and played for a while, and I got lunch ready but Celia wouldn't eat anything. Things started to go downhill from there. She was so cranky and was constantly complaining, yelling at me, throwing a toy- lots of fun. She has started this thing where she actually gets mad and screams at me! I was not expecting this at such a young age! She was just really tired, so I finally got her settled down to read a story and then took her upstairs for an early nap. She went to sleep right away, so she must have been really tired for some reason. During nap, I finished cleaning the floors downstairs. They were disgusting! They get dirty so fast in the summer. I also prepped everything for dinner and sat down to read and go through my Google Reader, and then I had to call the cable company. Calling the cable company has to be my least favorite thing ever. Not only do I constantly have to fight bogus charges on our bill, but it's so aggravating to have to argue with an automated voice to get to talk to a real person. By the time the real person gets on the line I'm already pissed off.
I wanted to go to the beach after Pita's nap, but we were supposed to have rain storms and it was getting cloudy. We went to the playground instead and had a great time. We also brought her tricycle so she could practice on an even, paved surface. She is now starting to pedal by herself! Then a big, dark cloud moved overhead and it suddenly started raining. We ran for the car and got in just before a heavy downpour. We went home and Celia played while I got dinner ready- BBQ tofu, mashed potatoes and green beans. We ate by ourselves because Chris wasn't home from work until late. Chris got home and he took Celia downstairs with him to do some work in the garage while I cleaned up the kitchen. Then I took Pita upstairs for a bath. I got her dressed and then took a shower while she waited and talked to me in the bathroom. Not exactly the relaxing shower I had planned on all day... I'd say I get to shower by myself, with no one bothering me, about once a week :). By the time we were done upstairs it was time to read books before bed. We did that and Chris came up from working in the basement to read a couple books to Pita. Then I took her back upstairs and put her to bed. After that I did some reading, looked at books on Amazon, and went to bed myself.
So, I had a 13-hour workday :). By the time I got Celia in bed my swollen foot was really hurting. Lately I feel like Celia's getting to be so grown up- from the things she says, to the way she's growing taller and leaner, to her play, and all the new things she can do independently. She is doing so well with using the potty. She has been telling me when she needs to go, and has even started to stay dry during all her naps and is usually either dry or almost dry when she wakes up in the morning. That really surprised me because I wasn't expecting her to be night trained for a while. Anyway, she's a fabulous little girl and although this age has its difficult moments, and I'm pretty much exhausted at the end of every day, I'm sad to see her growing up and changing so fast.
Her potty training success is GREAT!!!!
ReplyDeleteIn my house, the spring and winter seasons make my floors even dirtier than the summer!
That is one full day!!!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing all of the things we do every day?? It is so sad to see them grow. I am so thankful my boys are healthy and growing but it is so hard to see the precious time slip away. :) and :( all at once!
ReplyDelete