Monday, June 6, 2011

miscellany monday and 16 weeks

1) I'm 16 weeks pregnant today. In just a couple weeks we'll know if Number Two is a boy or girl! I didn't do a picture this week because luckily I don't think I'm any more enormous than last week. My morning sickness is completely gone now and over the weekend I made an effort to add some of the healthy foods I'd been missing out on back into my diet. The fridge is stocked with kale and spinach again :). The only other new thing that came up this week is that I've started having the strangest, most vivid dreams every night. I don't think I had those when I was pregnant with Celia.

2) As we get ready to move there are, of course, things we want to get rid of. Our first effort is to leave things at the end of the driveway for people to take. You would not believe how many things we've gotten rid of that way. In fact, Chris has "re-stocked" the table a few times!


The best part is seeing how people go about taking things, because for some reason there's something embarrassing about stopping to look at stuff people are getting rid of. It's like you're going through their personal things. Some people walk by a few times, pretending they're not trying to see what there is. Some take just one or two things. Some park down the street and leave a getaway driver in the car while they walk down to our driveway and gather some stuff. Then, there's always someone who has no reservations whatsoever. Last night we had two people drive up in a car and stop right in front of our stuff. A woman got out, the car trunk popped open, and she just started loading things in there like there was no tomorrow. She even got back in the car to consult with the driver on some items, and ended up getting back out to get more stuff twice! Chris said it's like a sociological experiment, watching what people do.

3) I guess allergy season is in full swing now. Last week my allergies flared up and have just been terrible ever since.

4) We are getting excited to move, but there is so much to do. Between packing and getting rid of our stuff, planning what else we want for the new house, and my bright idea of painting a set of table and chairs, it's too much at once.

5) One good thing is that after this, we'll hopefully never have to move again. This is the house we plan to live in 'till our kids are grown and we're too old to want to take care of it.

6) We started telling Celia about how we'll be moving soon. She is excited. She totally understands what's happening. I found her a book about moving to a new house that's perfect for a 2-year-old. We read it for the first time yesterday and she paid such close attention, like she was really studying what was going to happen.


7) I love watching Chris and Celia play outside. The other day I looked out the window and saw this:

Sweetest little thing you ever saw, no?
8) Speaking of cute things, I have proof that Chris not only played with dolls as a little boy, but had doll accessories.


9) Is there anything less exciting than having to use up your frozen and pantry food, and just having no desire to eat what's there? Blech. I'm working on it, though. Not buying anything for meals other than produce and other fresh things we run out of. Once we move, I will try to use what we buy more quickly and not let things pile up.

10) The Outfit of the Week is quite minimalist.

4 comments:

  1. That is such a precious picture of daddy and daughter! seriously love it! and yay to no more morning sickness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing about your description about people taking stuff. I remember when I put some stuff at the end of our driveway and it was exactly like you described. I remember one person even taking the bikes around the block on a test run!

    And beautiful picture. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pics this week are the best~
    Now, the end of the driveway bit? I feel the same! I love watching people! When we remodeled, we were going to recycle the stove (it was like 5 years old, but not bad, it was just white and we did stainless for the new stuff) It was $50 to recycle it, and so I told Corey to put it at the end of the driveway. He REFUSED to at first, and finally gave in. We put it out there at 11 p.m. at night, and it was gone by 5 a.m. - and we live on a country road!
    He was so amazed, and I couldn't stop laughing at him!
    I can't wait to see more pics of the beautiful new place! I am glad the morning sickness has passed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes... that description of things at the end of the driveway is rather humourous. Love the pic with daddy and his girl.

    ReplyDelete