2) Celia is very insistent on doing things all by herself these days. She's pretty good about asking for help if we remind her to, but sometimes she insists that she doesn't need help at all. The picture below is not a picture of Pita wearing a skirt.
The little tail behind her? That would be the other leg of her pants, because she put both legs in one pant leg. She refused to admit there was a problem.
3) It could always be worse. Well, almost always. I'm sure there are some situations in which it could not be possibly be worse. Anyway, yesterday I was at the grocery store and I was feeling a little tired and frumpy, and as I turned into an aisle I was confronted with a woman who- you guessed it- obviously had it way worse than I did. Shirt half tucked in, clothes a little rumpled, hair disheveled, and she even had crumbs on her shirt! Yeah, that made me feel better...
4) I have a new candle for spring and summer. It smells really fresh and garden-y.
5) Celia's getting old enough to do more arts and crafts activities, and they're perfect for days when we need something new and constructive to do with our time. This weekend we made spring flowers.
Oh, and when I was writing her name Celia wanted to do it herself. I had already written C-e-l, and she made two lines for the i-a all by herself! I couldn't believe she knew there were two more letters, and she also knew that the last letter was an a.
6) Speaking of crafty stuff, Pita can play pretty independently with play dough now so it's become a great activity for her to do while I'm making dinner. She can sit at the table near me and keep busy while I cook.
8) Yesterday I sat down to read the paper while Chris made breakfast for Celia. She wanted to sit at the table and read the paper too. She flipped through her section, talking about all the pictures and pretending to read. It was so freaking cute. I have a middle-aged toddler.
9) This is the last week of school before April vacation! The rest of the year will fly by after this.
10) Outfit of the week: Wearing Daddy's sunglasses with a frilly apron while baking in the kitchen.
I'm telling you, I couldn't stage this stuff if I tried. The kid's got style.






The both-legs-in-one-pant-leg is a look that is often seen in our house with independent Noelle! Know that one well :) Precious pictures, as always!!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Misc Monday. The photo with both legs in one pant leg cracked me up! So cute. I really thought she has on some kind of skirt when I fist saw it, before reading your comment.
ReplyDeleteShe is adorable! Love that skirt she's got going on, hahaha. And #3 cracked.me.up. So true, so true!
ReplyDeleteShe is so cool in those sunglasses. I love how she has both legs in one leg of the pants...classic. I have to go and smell that candle...sounds so fresh! Enjoy your Monday.
ReplyDeleteLove how she gave commentary on her newspaper! That's sweet that she can entertain herself sometimes. Not all kids can do that!
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha I love that she put both legs into one pant leg but even more so, I love that she has the exact same apron as Emily! Emily and I have the matching mommy & daughter aprons. :D So cute!
ReplyDeleteGORGEOUS! Celia is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI love her artwork :)
That candle looks like it smells amazing!!
aww, i needed a little laugh! she is precious, and those pictures with the pant leg...priceless.
ReplyDeletei need to give you an amen on the anonymous comments. i couldn't have said it better!
Happy Monday!
http://lizabethmthomas-elizabeth.blogspot.com
hahaha... she's so funny!!! and you're right, they're so insistent at this age. hunter's the same way. and the pants "issue" is my favorite part. i'm sure she looked at you and thought you were the crazy one telling her her pants were on wrong!
ReplyDeleteYes, she does have style, and I love it! Now, this one leg look? I think she is on to something. Especially in stores, where they tend to move like little slippery eels.
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Such a great photo of Celia in the "skirt". She is already re-inventing clothing. Good for her! = )
ReplyDeleteSuch adorable pictures!!
ReplyDeleteI never understood why someone would bother to leave a comment, with a link I care not to open, anonymously. I don't get near as many spam comments since I moved over to Word Press.
ReplyDeleteThe picture of your daughter with both legs in one pant leg is precious. I love Yankee Candles! Love the artwork!