Tuesday, March 15, 2011

a bit of a whine

This week is proving to be as crazy as the last. We just have a lot going on both at work and home, half of which I haven't even mentioned on the old blog. There's a lot going on at work beyond the usual stuff, and I don't think it will let up until June. Chris is staying at work or school until late a lot of nights. I'm getting tired of being on my own all the way up to Celia's bedtime. Last week I only saw Blub a couple of nights. I have no right to complain really, because some husbands are at work late every night, or always traveling, and never see their wives and kids. But we've made the decision that having Chris home for dinner most nights is a priority. We would rather have a smaller house, have fewer luxuries, and less lucrative jobs than have more material junk and less time together. Since I'm not used to expecting that he'll be late every night, it's always a disappointment when he is. Unfortunately we just have to get through a few more months and he will be done with his MBA. And looking back, it's a lot easier now than when Celia was just an infant and some days I was on my own with her from 5 am to bedtime! That was hard!

Enough complaining. This morning Celia and I played and did her bath, and I gave her hair a trim.



(She had a cotton ball and was pretending it was soap.)


Then my parents arrived for the day. I went for a run and they played with Pita, and we had lunch and then her nap. It looks to be a nice afternoon so we'll probably get Celia outside to play later.

Oh, how about that Bachelor finale last night? I don't know why I let myself get sucked into that show, but it's good entertainment. I was really pulling for Emily, but the final rose ceremony seemed kind of fake and without much emotion. Maybe it was just because they filmed it several times. And THEN, they've already broken up! I admit, that surprised me. You'd think they could at least handle dating each other for a few months if they were so in love. Ridiculous. That show is such a joke. They should stop pretending the purpose is to find a life partner because it usually just ends in a mess.

If there's anything else you'd like to see me complain about, just let me know in the comments ;)

9 comments:

  1. Look at her cleaning her face with her little soap puff!

    I can't help but be sucked into the Bachelor too. I thought his words for the proposal were quite sweet. You didn't?

    I don't think they'll last very long. Too much turmoil too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that's so cute! It's so funny when they start doing "real people" things like that.

    Just a few more months until summer vacation. Take advantage of the extra help you have right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hereby request that you complain about 'Clingwrap' plastic wrap that doesn't cling to anything. Thank you and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Celia's hair looks so cute, you did a great job with it, um if I would attempt to trim Miss Kelcee's well that would be a whole other story LOL...girl I feel ya on the traveling, working late scenerios, Greg used to do it quite a bit and it is much nicer when they are there at dinner and able to help until bedtime. Hopefully this season will be over before ya know it and he will be back at the dinner table in no time! Your not complaining your being real...I like real :)

    I love how Celia is using a cotton ball as soap that is to cute! What a great post girl, and I hope work eases up on ya some

    xoxo
    Sums

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to the whine because my husband works a PT job some evenings and a lot of Saturdays. I love Celia and the cotton ball...a diva in training.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHAHAHA I love your last line "if there's anything else you'd like to see me complain about.."

    Good stuff. I agree with you wholly about the Bachelor. I didn't watch the after the final rose ceremony, but I looked it up and it's pretty pathetic to put on a huge act like that and split up a few months/WEEKS?! later.

    Oh well.

    Celia is a little doll and too cute with her cotton ball!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, I feel your pain, with my own husband working until 9pm most nights from January thru April. It's just "that time of year" and after 7 years, I expect it and do my best only to complain to friends. Doesn't make it any easier most days... :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get sucked in too - even though I make a vow each season that I'm not watching that nonsense. I know what you mean about not having your husband home. Shaune's been at school this year and it's been hard! He has one months of practicing teaching left. But then I go back to work in June:( Sigh.

    I think you have the right idea though - why do we need to be saddled with an enormous mortgage if it means we don't see each other because we're working like dogs to pay the bills?

    ReplyDelete