2) Well, actually I can explain why I had the brain block. I had just found out that a college friend's baby boy died unexpectedly. What can I say? It's every parent's worst nightmare. I don't know how a mother can move on after losing a baby, and I hope she and her husband are coping as well as possible. It doesn't seem fair that my life moves on today, just as it's been, when someone else is in such pain.
Kate, a lot of people are thinking about you, mourning with you, and wishing you the best.
The rest of this post seems trivial now.
3) Celia helped assemble valentines for all her little friends yesterday. She "wrote her name" on each card,
and put a sticker on each envelope.
4) The other thing we did for excitement yesterday was go through the car wash. Yep. We wanted to get out of the house but didn't really have a plan. My car was so dirty- covered in salt- so we thought Celia might like going through a car wash. She looked a little concerned while we were going through with everything brushing against the car, but as soon as it was over she wanted to do it again!
5) I have a new addiction. It's not good. I've never been a soda drinker and I'd like to keep it that way, but this stuff is so good. It has natural flavoring (actually listed in the ingredient list) and that makes such a big difference.
6) I cracked up at this picture of celia swigging green juice, leaning with her elbow propped up on the table. As if she's having a beer with the guys.
6) I made a recipe the other night that called for a sprig of fresh rosemary, which I would have if it weren't buried in two feet of snow. Depressing. Feeling the winter blues the last few days.
7) Speaking of winter blues, there's nothing to exacerbate them like a leaky roof. Many of our neighbors have had water damage due to ice dams, and so far we've been lucky. Yesterday a leak started in our bedroom, all across the top of the window frame. It's very frustrating because we live in brand new buildings, so chances are the builder didn't properly construct the roofs.
8) Perhaps I can get some escape from the endless winter by reading some of the books on my ever growing to-read list. In addition to Cinderella Ate My Daughter: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the New Girlie-Girl Culture
9) BAH! Where's spring?
10) The Outfit of the Week isn't too exciting today. Just something I think is cute. Celia has started to like wearing her slippers. There's just something really cute about her little feet in those slippers, and she looks so grown up in them.







Oh my, I am so sorry to learn of your friend's loss. You're right - every parent's worst nightmare. I watched my mom face it with her "baby" (my 34 year old sister) and it was horrible - simply can't imagine a baby. I will be praying for your friends' strength and faith.
ReplyDeleteHow sweet that Celia signed her Valentine's Day cards. Very cute! Her outfit of the week is adorable with her little slippers and that sweet, sweet face.
I hope your week ahead is a blessed one!
xoxo, Kelly
P.S. I just caught up on last week's post and loved the Cinderella one. It's next to impossible to keep it away living in the tourist mecca of the world. I just try to provide healthy balances :)
I feel so awful for your friend. It makes me sick to even think about it.
ReplyDeleteI can;t believe you still have that much snow. I always dreamed about moving to New England because I like cold weather, but that some craziness!
According to my gardening calendar, I should start looking for early bulbs to start sprouting up. It doesn't say anything about 3 feet of snow on top of them, though...
ReplyDeleteLove that sweet little grin at the end! I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's loss. That's terribly sad.
ReplyDeleteWe had a roof leak last year but it was when we had a solid 6 days of non-stop rain here. I hope there's not too much painting and touch-up to do after you fix it.
wow, so sorry for your friends loss... what terrible news! watching a parent lose their child at any age is a nightmare.
ReplyDeletemy car hit the car wash over the weekend too... way too much salt on my truck! now with all the snow melting today, there are puddles and mud everywhere... but i loved not wearing a winter coat today!
hadley loves her slippers now too! so so cute!
I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child. I know it hurts, though. I've seen what it's done to my MIL. My Husbands youngest brother committed suicide last year, and it's been a rough road. It really reminds us of where our faith is.
ReplyDeleteMy suburban needs a bath, big time, but every time I pass the car wash the line is a mile long. Ugggh.
Love the pics of your sweet girl!