Breakfast: A whole grain bagel with Earth Balance (margarine) and cinnamon sugar. Coffee with coconut milk creamer.
Morning Snack with Pita: A green smoothie! I don't always take the time to make these, but should do it more often. Ingredients: steamed spinach, oat milk, ground flax seeds, chia seeds, banana, pineapple, ice.
![]() |
| Isn't it a beautiful color? |
![]() |
| Pita likes them too! |
I must say, open-faced sandwiches sound and look like such a good idea but they sure are messy to eat. Luckily there was no one but Celia to see the pea shoots hanging out of my mouth. Pita likes to try everything that I eat. She doesn't always like it, but it's nice that she's interested in anything. Today she had the raw carrots and sugar snap peas.
Oops, she's just picking her nose there, isn't she? This picture's better:
Afternoon Snack: I ended up having a 30 minute elliptical workout, and then went show shoeing for another half hour. By the time I got home I was hungry and knew just the thing to have: A sweet cupcake (I made them as a trial run for Pita's birthday) paired with very salty Pop Chips, and some peppermint herbal tea.
Dinner: Tofu lasagna (you'd never know the filling wasn't ricotta), broccoli, and bread. Celia ate lots of broccoli! It was the first time she's liked it. For dessert, the three of us split two remaining cupcakes.
Snack: An apple and three small dates.
This is a fairly representative day. I have bagels for breakfast a lot, usually with peanut butter. I don't make the green smoothies too often, but I want to get back in the habit. It's a great way to get all kinds of good nutrients. My lunches are sometimes sandwiches or salads, and I often have leftovers from dinner. I'm already looking forward to another one of those sandwiches for lunch today!






Those pictures rock!
ReplyDeleteMmmm I need to go make my green smoothie now. :)
Tofu instead of ricotta. Wow!!! That's great!
ReplyDelete